Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Redhat Offline enviroment with satellite and sync host Post 303040372 by izual on Monday 28th of October 2019 05:54:49 AM
Old 10-28-2019
Hello Neo,

here is the link to the documentation:

Code:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_satellite/6.0/html/installation_guide/sect-red_hat_satellite-installation_guide-populating_red_hat_satellite_with_content-disconnected_satellite

They are doing nearly what I want but I want to use a portable NAS to transfer the repository to the offline enviroment. They export the repositorys in the guide and then import it this is not needed when I take the whole repository on the NAS.
The question is will the sattelite read the NAS repository without any problems when I dont use the export/import function..

Greetings Izual

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Touchpad not working - SuSE 8.2 - Toshiba Satellite A30

Hi all, I have a bit of an inexplicable problem.... Up until today, on my Toshiba Satellite A30 Laptop running SuSE 8.2 Professional, I had a dual mouse (USB Mouse / Touchpad) configuration in X and everything was running fine. I booted the laptop today, and for some reason unbeknownst to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Problem with configuring host name in Redhat Linux 5

Hi All when I give the command, $ ping <hostname> I get the following error ping: unknown host <hostname> I have checked in the following files, /etc/sysconfig/network /etc/hosts /etc/resolv.conf /etc/nsswitch.conf Every where in these files host name and IP address are given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagapradeep
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to share files between host XP and RedHat VM?

Hi, I am fairly new to Linux. I have a Win XP host machine where I am running a Redhat virtual machine using VMplayer. I have a tool in the VM that I need to run using some input data located on the host machine. How can I share files between the host and the VM? I need to be able to read/write... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilyaz
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHN - Proxy, satellite etc. How do you update you servers?

Hi, I'd like to know more about RHN and their RHN PROXY. - If I will buy PROXY, do I need to get licenses for all my RHELs to have them updated? What are benefits of proxy? - If I will buy (doubt it) Satellite, will I be able to connect all my boxes to Satellite and have them upgraded... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: columb
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Can you configure Dell KACE to point to a RH Satellite?

Wild shot in the dark as both are exactly ubiquitous technologies, but here it goes: Anybody have any experience using a Dell KACE to PXE boot to a Red Hat Satellite kickstart install? I've set up the kickstart by itself before but I'm not sure there's a way to configure the KACE so that it will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Redhat 4 host based migration

Hi, I need to migrate using Redhat 4 as host based migration,EMC Clariion to VNX. Please what are the best ways to perform online migration,with users working on the box?The file system is ext3 and the source logical voulumes are raid 1. - adding the 3rd LUN(from VNX) to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanislavm11
0 Replies

8. Proxy Server

RedHat Satellite server - Setting up HP Repository

Hi all, We have been using Satellite to patch our RedHat servers for a while but up until recently these have only been virtual machines. Now we have a requirement to install a few physicals and I am trying to setup a sync a custom channel for the HP reository. Our setup is that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wayned
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Corresponding Spacewalk/Satellite versions?

Can anyone point me towards a list that shows which Satellite versions roughly align with which Spacewalk versions, in terms of functionality? Thanks in advance, Akbar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
2 Replies
rlm_expr(5)							 FreeRADIUS Module						       rlm_expr(5)

NAME
rlm_expr - FreeRADIUS Module DESCRIPTION
The rlm_expr module allows the server to perform limited mathematical calculations. This module is not called directly in any section, it is invoked through the dynamic expansion of strings. For example, some NAS boxes send a NAS-Port attribute which is a 32-bit number composed of port, card, and interface, all in different bytes. To see these attributes split into pieces, you can have an entry in the 'users' file like: DEFAULT Vendor-Interface = `%{expr: %{NAS-Port} / (256 * 256)}`, Vendor-Card = `%{expr: (%{NAS-Port} / 256) %% 256}`, Vendor-Port = `%{expr: %{NAS-Port} %% 256}` where the attributes Vendor-Interface, Vendor-Card, and Vendor-Port are attributes created by either you or a vendor-supplied dictionary. The methematical operators supported by the expression module are: + addition - subtraction / division %% modulo remainder * multiplication & boolean AND | boolean OR () grouping of sub-expressions NOTE: The modulo remainder operator is '%%', and not '%'. This is due to the '%' character being used as a special character for dynamic translation. NOTE: These operators do NOT have precedence. The parsing of the input string, and the calculation of the answer, is done strictly left to right. If you wish to order the expressions, you MUST group them into sub-expression, as shown in the previous example. All of the calculations are performed as unsigned 32-bit integers. CONFIGURATION
modules { ... expr { } ... } ... instantiate { ... expr ... } SECTIONS
instantiate FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5) AUTHOR
Chris Parker, cparker@segv.org 5 February 2004 rlm_expr(5)