Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Rename files with its pathname Post 303040305 by Jag02 on Saturday 26th of October 2019 09:13:33 AM
Old 10-26-2019
Thank you. But it seems the files are not getting copied. Any other solution pl.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to rename files?

:confused: How can i rename a file 'x.log' to 'x_20020512 072909.log' :eek: i'm using perl, with system command from a unix web server, and need to timestamp my logs if the above format (filename _ year month day hr min sec .log) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: CompuTelSystem
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files

Hello, I've a list of file like this img_001 img_22 img_44 and I would rename all with this form photo_0001 photo_0002 photo_0003 photo_0004 suggestions?Thanks to all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv313x
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files

Hi, I wanna rename bunch of files which has ":" to -. ie. rename file named file1:file1 to file1-file1. any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxaddict7
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename files Ax based on strings found in files Bx

Hi, I'm not very experienced in shell scripting and that's probably why I came across the following problem: I do have several hundred pairs of text files (PF00x.spl and PF00x.shd) where the first file (PF00x.spl) needs to be renamed according a string that is included in the second file... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: inCH
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename many files

Hi, I have many files ex: file1, file2 ...file100, and I would like to rename only files with "1" in name. I don't have experience with bash and other shells. I know I can use "for i in" and "if", and I can use "sed" to change "1" but I have no idea how should "if" look. I will be grateful... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all .sh files to .pl

I have various .sh and .pl files in one directory. I want to rename all the .sh files to .pl i.e testscript.sh --> testscript.pl I am trying to use mv *.sh *.pl It doesnt work though!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjones
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename Files

Hi all, I am newbie and Im trying to rename a set of files & there are over 2900 of them. So, the best way I thought was through a script and here is what I got & it doesnt work. Im not sure as how to figure this out. Thanks Gonzalez Here is what I have - -a:~/Users/GonzaPue/ls -altr... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PG3
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unzip files and Rename the Output-files

Hi all, I have a many folders with zipped files in them. The zipped files are txt files from different folders. The txt files have the same names. If i try to find . -type f -name "*.zip" -exec cp -R {} /myhome/ZIP \; it fails since the ZIP files from different folders have the same names and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmkenya
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files with part of their pathname and copying them to new directory

Hi I think this should be relatively simple but I can't figure it out. I have several files with the same name in different folders within a directory (the output of a program that I ran). Something like this: ./myAnalysis/item1/round1/myoutput.txt ./myAnalysis/item1/round2/myoutput.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jullee
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies
SPTSVX(l)								 )								 SPTSVX(l)

NAME
SPTSVX - use the factorization A = L*D*L**T to compute the solution to a real system of linear equations A*X = B, where A is an N-by-N sym- metric positive definite tridiagonal matrix and X and B are N-by-NRHS matrices SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SPTSVX( FACT, N, NRHS, D, E, DF, EF, B, LDB, X, LDX, RCOND, FERR, BERR, WORK, INFO ) CHARACTER FACT INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS REAL RCOND REAL B( LDB, * ), BERR( * ), D( * ), DF( * ), E( * ), EF( * ), FERR( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
SPTSVX uses the factorization A = L*D*L**T to compute the solution to a real system of linear equations A*X = B, where A is an N-by-N sym- metric positive definite tridiagonal matrix and X and B are N-by-NRHS matrices. Error bounds on the solution and a condition estimate are also provided. DESCRIPTION
The following steps are performed: 1. If FACT = 'N', the matrix A is factored as A = L*D*L**T, where L is a unit lower bidiagonal matrix and D is diagonal. The factorization can also be regarded as having the form A = U**T*D*U. 2. If the leading i-by-i principal minor is not positive definite, then the routine returns with INFO = i. Otherwise, the factored form of A is used to estimate the condition number of the matrix A. If the reciprocal of the condition number is less than machine precision, INFO = N+1 is returned as a warning, but the routine still goes on to solve for X and compute error bounds as described below. 3. The system of equations is solved for X using the factored form of A. 4. Iterative refinement is applied to improve the computed solution matrix and calculate error bounds and backward error estimates for it. ARGUMENTS
FACT (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether or not the factored form of A has been supplied on entry. = 'F': On entry, DF and EF contain the factored form of A. D, E, DF, and EF will not be modified. = 'N': The matrix A will be copied to DF and EF and factored. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. D (input) REAL array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. E (input) REAL array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. DF (input or output) REAL array, dimension (N) If FACT = 'F', then DF is an input argument and on entry contains the n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the L*D*L**T factorization of A. If FACT = 'N', then DF is an output argument and on exit contains the n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the L*D*L**T factorization of A. EF (input or output) REAL array, dimension (N-1) If FACT = 'F', then EF is an input argument and on entry contains the (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor L from the L*D*L**T factorization of A. If FACT = 'N', then EF is an output argument and on exit contains the (n-1) subdiagonal ele- ments of the unit bidiagonal factor L from the L*D*L**T factorization of A. B (input) REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The N-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (output) REAL array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) If INFO = 0 of INFO = N+1, the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). RCOND (output) REAL The reciprocal condition number of the matrix A. If RCOND is less than the machine precision (in particular, if RCOND = 0), the matrix is singular to working precision. This condition is indicated by a return code of INFO > 0. FERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). BERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (2*N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, and i is <= N: the leading minor of order i of A is not positive definite, so the factorization could not be completed, and the solution has not been computed. RCOND = 0 is returned. = N+1: U is nonsingular, but RCOND is less than machine precision, meaning that the matrix is singular to working precision. Nevertheless, the solution and error bounds are computed because there are a number of situations where the computed solution can be more accurate than the value of RCOND would suggest. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SPTSVX(l)