Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Rename files with its pathname Post 303040301 by Jag02 on Saturday 26th of October 2019 07:18:39 AM
Old 10-26-2019
Rename files with its pathname

Hi,

I have a few csv files within the directory structure as shown below

Code:
/tmp/user/Proj/V1/data/Common1/Zip1/123.csv
/tmp/user/Proj/V1/data/Common2/Zip2/3453.csv
/tmp/user/Proj/V1/data/Common2/Zip2/1234.csv
and so on...

I need to get these csv files and move to another dir with the filename Common1_Zip1_123.csv,Common2_Zip2_3453.csv etc..I have written the following code but the filenames are having the whole path..Pl. correct on my code..

Code:
#!/bin/bash

SourceDir="/tmp/user/Proj/V1/data/
DestDir="/tmp/user/Proj/V1/data/FinalData"

for file in $(find $SourceDir -type f -name *.csv); do
        shortname=${file##*/$SourceDir/}
        newname="$DestDir/${shortname//\//_}"
        if [ -f $newname ]; then
                echo "$newname already exists."
        else
                cp $file $newname
        fi
done

The output i am getting is:
Code:
_tmp_user_Proj_V1_data_COMMON1_ZIP1_123.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to rename files?

:confused: How can i rename a file 'x.log' to 'x_20020512 072909.log' :eek: i'm using perl, with system command from a unix web server, and need to timestamp my logs if the above format (filename _ year month day hr min sec .log) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: CompuTelSystem
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files

Hello, I've a list of file like this img_001 img_22 img_44 and I would rename all with this form photo_0001 photo_0002 photo_0003 photo_0004 suggestions?Thanks to all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv313x
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files

Hi, I wanna rename bunch of files which has ":" to -. ie. rename file named file1:file1 to file1-file1. any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxaddict7
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename files Ax based on strings found in files Bx

Hi, I'm not very experienced in shell scripting and that's probably why I came across the following problem: I do have several hundred pairs of text files (PF00x.spl and PF00x.shd) where the first file (PF00x.spl) needs to be renamed according a string that is included in the second file... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: inCH
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename many files

Hi, I have many files ex: file1, file2 ...file100, and I would like to rename only files with "1" in name. I don't have experience with bash and other shells. I know I can use "for i in" and "if", and I can use "sed" to change "1" but I have no idea how should "if" look. I will be grateful... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all .sh files to .pl

I have various .sh and .pl files in one directory. I want to rename all the .sh files to .pl i.e testscript.sh --> testscript.pl I am trying to use mv *.sh *.pl It doesnt work though!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjones
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename Files

Hi all, I am newbie and Im trying to rename a set of files & there are over 2900 of them. So, the best way I thought was through a script and here is what I got & it doesnt work. Im not sure as how to figure this out. Thanks Gonzalez Here is what I have - -a:~/Users/GonzaPue/ls -altr... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PG3
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unzip files and Rename the Output-files

Hi all, I have a many folders with zipped files in them. The zipped files are txt files from different folders. The txt files have the same names. If i try to find . -type f -name "*.zip" -exec cp -R {} /myhome/ZIP \; it fails since the ZIP files from different folders have the same names and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmkenya
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files with part of their pathname and copying them to new directory

Hi I think this should be relatively simple but I can't figure it out. I have several files with the same name in different folders within a directory (the output of a program that I ran). Something like this: ./myAnalysis/item1/round1/myoutput.txt ./myAnalysis/item1/round2/myoutput.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jullee
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies
CSV2REC(1)							   User Commands							CSV2REC(1)

NAME
csv2rec - csv to rec converter SYNOPSIS
csv2rec [OPTIONS]... [CSV_FILE] DESCRIPTION
Convert csv data into rec data. -t, --type=TYPE type name for the converted records; if this parameter is ommited then no type is used. -s, --strict be strict parsing the csv file. -e, --omit-empty omit empty fields. --help print a help message and exit. --version show version and exit. AUTHOR
Written by Jose E. Marchesi. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to: bug-recutils@gnu.org GNU recutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/recutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010, 2011, 2012 Jose E. Marchesi. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for csv2rec is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and csv2rec programs are properly installed at your site, the command info csv2rec should give you access to the complete manual. csv2rec 1.4.93 January 2012 CSV2REC(1)