Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com Post 303040281 by Neo on Friday 25th of October 2019 10:34:06 PM
Old 10-25-2019
Have updated our post at Open Trivial DB here:

Open Trivia DB Database Structure (Please) - Open Trivia DB - PixelTail Games - Creators of Tower Unite!

Quote:
Update:

Please note, we are also discussing this topic here:

Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com

... and will be documenting our database structure if we must reverse engineer the JSON to create our own version of the DB.

Again, we are not “complaining”¯ in the least and understand the good folks at PixelTail are very busy and there is currently over 3000 questions in the trivia DB queue waiting to be validated; we just want to insure that if we create our own “computer science”¯ related DB (so we can validate faster), that we can eventually dump this DB and merge it with the Open Trivial DB.

We want all our work in the future to be compatible with the Open Trivial DB.
Current stats at Open Trivia DB:

Code:
3,489 VERIFIED QUESTIONS AND 3,243 PENDING QUESTIONS

Basically, there has been no movement in the number of verified questions since we began this discussion thread and our two "test question" have not been verified.

In the "not so distant future" I will take the time to reverse engineer the DB and post the results here.

If anyone else has the time to do it (reverse engineer the Open Trivial DB from the API JSON), before I get around to it, please do!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mathematics operations in unix

Hello guys! Can say me anybody about operatios with unix, I don't to make operations, only inside in a variable, like this #y=4 #x=2 #let z=$y-$x #echo $z # 2 but I can't to make mathematical operations with decimal like this #y=3.2 #x=1.5 #let z=$y-$x #echo $z # 3 this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesar720213
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Which is the best way/command to do mathematics in UNIX scripting?

Hello all! I used to use expr for doing simple mathematics, but has a main advantage and a main disadvantage: The advantage is that it can take variables for numbers (e.g.{1}: echo "Give me first" read lol echo "Give other" read lil sum=`expr $lol + $lil` echo "The sum of $lol and $lil =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Science and Information Technology

Hi, I haven't posted on the forums for a while now, I tried to find the most appropriate section for this post, but if this is in the wrong section please forgive me. First, let me say I'm a sophomore in HS. I know that job wise I definitely want to do something in computers. A while ago I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
5 Replies

4. Programming

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer science.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

1000+ Computer Science Trivia Questions at UNIX.COM

The UNIX and Linux Forums now has over 1000 TRUE / FALSE computer science and computer related trivia question in our database. These questions are of relatively high quality (compared to similar sites on the web) and are fun (according to feedback by users). In the first week during the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

New Member and Country Computer Trivia Leaderboards

Thanks to Akshay, who helped me write the core MySQL queries, we now have two new draft leaderboards, by (1) member and by (2) country: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php Currently milhan leads the members with a high score of 90%: ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Debugging Our Computer Science Trivia Feature

Only a few days after I coded this new feature from scratch, we are seeing over 3000 entries in the database from members (mostly guests) playing CS trivia. I have spend a lot of time coding this (from scratch) and testing the API. From the logs, it seems to have an API bug which appears... (31 Replies)
31 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Trivia Feature Tops 50,000 Questions Answered

Just noticed that our successful computer trivia feature (stats here) has surpassed over 50,000 questions answered by users: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php This was a coding effort worth while and I'm pleased to see so many people enjoying it in such a short time since it was released... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
gretl(1)							   econometrics 							  gretl(1)

NAME
gretl - GNU Regression, Econometrics and Time-series Library SYNOPSIS
gretl [ options ] [ datafile | scriptfile | sessionfile ] DESCRIPTION
gretl is an econometrics package, built around a shared library which may be accessed using a command-line client program (gretlcli) or a graphical user interface (gretl_x11). The program gretl is a wrapper script that calls the GUI if the DISPLAY environment variable is set, otherwise the command-line client. For details, please start up either the GUI or the command-line client and consult the online help, or read the printed manual, which is available in PDF format via the gretl website, http://gretl.sourceforge.net. OPTIONS
These are the options supported by the gretl_x11 program; gretlcli is a little different. -r script, --run script Open a script. -c, --dump Dump the configuration file. -d database, --db database Open a local database. -e, --english Force use of English. -r script, --run script Open a script. -w database, --webdb database Open a remote database. -h, --help Give help information and exit. -v, --version Give version information and exit. FILES
~/.gretl2rc per-user configuration file ~/.gretl directory for user runtime files ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
HOME Specifies the user's home directory DISPLAY Specifies the X window display to use SEE ALSO
gretlcli(1) AUTHOR
The gretl team The gretl team 1.9.5 gretl(1)