Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Search for Multiple strings in a given date range and print the Group if they exists Post 303040248 by RudiC on Friday 25th of October 2019 10:20:33 AM
Old 10-25-2019
None of the dates nor even times in your data samples will match the regexes you posted. Assuming all records will be terminated by a } , try (with your sample data in post #1)

Code:
sed -n '/2019\/10\/16 13:[23][0-3]/{:a;N;/}/!ba; /\(FIRST\|THIRD\) ID/p}'  file

EDIT: Or
Code:
sed -n ' /2019\/10\/16 13:[23][0-3]/, /}/ H; /}/ {s/.*//; x; /\(FIRST\|THIRD\) ID/p; };'  file

Last edited by RudiC; 10-25-2019 at 11:35 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to print file names in a certain date range using ls

I need to list only file names of a specific date from the command ls -lt. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamwari
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files between a date range

Hi people A newbie here, thrown into the deep end. I want to select the group of files with in a range of dates and perform some operation on it. Are there inbuild date libraries i can use? I did read thru the old posts on this topic. Couldnt get much idea :(, basically want to know how I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zcanji
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple Strings in a File

Hi I want to search multiple strings in a file . But the search should start with "From" Keyword and end with before "Where" keyword. Please suggest me. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboss
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search, group , print count

hi All, need help. have a file like below A, error in 123 B, log files are present A, error in 23444 B, log files are present A, move to next line C, matching messages -- expected output-- A , count =2 , error in * A , count =1 , move to next line B , count =2 , log files are present... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1401
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific data in a file based on a date range

Hi, Currently I am working on a script to automate the process of converting the log file from binary into text format. To achieve this, partly I am depending on my application’s utility for this conversion and the rest I am relying on shell commands to search for directory, locate the file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search on date range of file based on user input

Hello I would like to ask for help with a script to search a directory that contains many log files and based on a users input after being prompted, they enter a date range down to the hour which searches the files that contain that range. I dont know how to go about this. I am hoping that the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostincashe
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk strings search + print next column after match

Hi, I have a file filled with search strings which have a blank in between and look like this: S. g. Ehr. o. Jg. v. d. Chijs g. Ehr. Now i would like to search for the strings and it also shall return the next column after the match. awk -v FILE="search_strings.txt" 'BEGIN {... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two search strings and print the value

Based on the forums i have tried with grep command but i am unable to get the required output. search this value /*------ If that is found then search for temp_vul and print and also search until /*------- and print new_vul Input file contains: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search file and print everything except multiple search terms

I'm trying to find a way to search a range of similar words in a file. I tried using sed but can't get it right:sed 's/\(ca01\)*//'It only removes "ca01" but leaves the rest of the word. I still want the rest of the information on the lines just not these specific words listed below. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
3 Replies
DATE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DATE(1)

NAME
date - print or set the date and time SYNOPSIS
date [-qsu] [[MMDDYY]hhmm[ss]] [+format] OPTIONS
-q Read the date from stdin -s Set the time (implicit for -q or a date string) -u Print the date as GMT -t Use this number of seconds instead of current time EXAMPLES
date # Print the date and time date 0221921610 # Set date to Feb 21, 1992 at 4:10 p.m. DESCRIPTION
With the -q flag or a numeric argument, date sets the GMT time and date. MMDDYY refers to the month, day, and year; hhmmss refers to the hour, minute and second. Each of the six fields must be exactly two digits, no more and no less. date always display the date and time, with the default format for the system. The -u flag request GMT time instead of local time. A format may be specified with a + followed by a printf-like string with the following options: %% % character %A Name of the day %B Name of the month %D mm/dd/yy %H Decimal hour on 2 digits %I Decimal hour modulo 12 on 2 digits %M Decimal minute on 2 digits %S Decimal seconds on 2 digits %T HH:MM:SS %U Decimal week number, Sunday being first day of week %W Decimal week number, Monday being first day of week %X Same as %T %Y Decimal year on 4 digits %Z Time Zone (if any) %a Abbreviated name of the day %b Abbreviated name of the month %c Appropriate date & time (default format) %d Decimal day of the month on 2 digits %e Same as %d, but a space replaces leading 0 %h Same as %b %j Decimal dey of the year on 3 digits %m Decimal month on 2 digits %n Newline character %p AM or PM %r 12-hour clock time with AM/PM %s Number of seconds since the epoch %t Tab character %w Decimal day of the week (0=Sunday) %x Same as %D %y Decimal year on 2 digits SEE ALSO
time(2), ctime(3), readclock(8). DATE(1)