Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Is there a way to restrict a user (owner) to execute scripts from a specific directory Post 303040205 by Neo on Thursday 24th of October 2019 11:42:52 PM
Old 10-25-2019
Perhaps too easy of a solution.

If you do not need to execute any scripts in "global/work/ on Server 1, you can change the permissions and remove the "x" (execute) permission using chmod.

Keep in mind that this script is not executable:

Code:
ls -l test.sh
-rw-r--r--  1  owner  wheel  0 Oct 25 10:41 test.sh

this script is executable by anyone:

Code:
chmod 755 test.sh
ls -l test.sh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 owner   wheel  0 Oct 25 10:41 test.sh

Hope this quick reply is helpful or useful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON job to execute all scripts in a directory

Hi everyone: I'm trying to make a CRON job that will execute Fridays at 7am. I have the following: * 7 * * 5 I've been studying up on CRON and I know to have this in a file and then "crontab filename.txt" to add it to the CRON job list. The CRON part I believe I understand, but I would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annorax
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restrict the number of commands user can execute

Hi all, Is there a way to prevent users from being able to execute commands less a select few? For instance, I wish to allow the user to be only able to execute 1 command, which is exec a.sh. He should not be able to do simple stuff such as ls, cd, rm, cat, etc. Can this be achieved? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict FTP access to a single directory for only one user.

Hi All, It will be very great if you can help me in this issue. Thanks in advance. I need to enable FTP on a solaris9 server. I need to create a new user some "xxxxxx" and he can only FTP the files to and from between /tftpboot directory and network devices. Other users should not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshkumar_d
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do U restrict a user to a single directory?

specifically - I don't need to restrict a user to a single directory - but I want them to be "ROOTED" to their home directory. so if my home directory is /home/onlyme when I login - if I do a pwd - I want to see: / but in real life I will be in /home/onlyme - it just appears as root to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: itobenon
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restrict one user to see only his home directory in his profile

Hi I need to restrict one user to see only his home directory and one more directory how i can do this in his profile. The OS is Red hat linux I create a user -- tec and group calle --tec one the user log in he will see /home/tec and he need to see /opt/load this dirctory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
6 Replies

6. Linux

Restrict User to only execute the file.

Hi Gurus , I hope you are doing great . Other than owner of the file , OTHERS and GROUP should be restricted from read or write a file created by the owner. OTHERS and GROUP should be only allowed to execute the file. Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: palanisvr
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Restrict user to a particular directory

Hi I have a Fedora10 server and i need a particular user to view files only in a particular folder. All other files in other folders having "read" permission for all shouldn't be accessible to this user. Please let me know if ther's a way. Thanks, HG (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Restrict FTP User to a Directory

I am using Solaris 10 on SPARC. SunOS ddw 5.10 Generic_139555-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise I have put some text files in a directory '/u01/network' I want to create a ftp user which can just read the files in the network directory. The ftp user shouldn't be able to navigate or see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to restrict user to a specific directory in solaris 10

Hi all, I want to create a new user and grant him ONLY transfer files access to a specific directory where he can only upload and read the files. He should be restricted to this activity only. Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilldn
6 Replies

10. AIX

How to restrict user to a particular directory?

hi, I want to restrict some user access to only 1 directory (including all sub-directories/files in it). can you please explain me, how can we do this? example; Filesystem GB blocks Used Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 2.61 1.02 1.59 40% / /dev/hd2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
7 Replies
Prophet::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prophet::Test(3pm)

set_editor($code)
       Sets the subroutine that Prophet should use instead of "Prophet::CLI::Command::edit_text" (as this routine invokes an interactive editor)
       to $code.

set_editor_script SCRIPT
       Sets the editor that Proc::InvokeEditor uses.

This should be a non-interactive script found in t/scripts.

import_extra($class, $args)
   in_gladiator($code)
       Run the given code using Devel::Gladiator.

repo_path_for($username)
       Returns a path on disk for where $username's replica is stored.

repo_uri_for($username)
       Returns a file:// URI for $USERNAME'S replica (with the correct replica type prefix).

replica_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test replica.

database_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test database.

replica_last_rev
       Returns the sequence number of the last change in the test replica.

as_user($username, $coderef)
       Run this code block as $username.  This routine sets up the %ENV hash so that when we go looking for a repository, we get the user's repo.

replica_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test replica.

database_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test database.

ok_added_revisions( { CODE }, $numbers_of_new_revisions, $msg)
       Checks that the given code block adds the given number of changes to the test replica. $msg is optional and will be printed with the test
       if given.

serialize_conflict($conflict_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::Conflict object suitable for comparison in tests.

The serialized version is a hash reference containing the following keys:
	   meta => { original_source_uuid => 'source_replica_uuid' }
	   records => { 'record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
			'another_record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
		      }

serialize_changeset($changeset_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::ChangeSet object suitable for comparison in tests (a hash).

run_command($command, @args)
       Run the given command with (optionally) the given args using a new Prophet::CLI object. Returns the standard output of that command in
       scalar form or, in array context, the STDOUT in scalar form *and* the STDERR in scalar form.

Examples:

run_command('create', '--type=Foo');

load_record($type, $uuid)
       Loads and returns a record object for the record with the given type and uuid.

as_alice CODE, as_bob CODE, as_charlie CODE, as_david CODE
       Runs CODE as alice, bob, charlie or david.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-09-02							Prophet::Test(3pm)