Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Is there a way to restrict a user (owner) to execute scripts from a specific directory Post 303040201 by karumudi7 on Thursday 24th of October 2019 09:38:49 PM
Old 10-24-2019
Is there a way to restrict a user (owner) to execute scripts from a specific directory

Hello,

I have a user Bob on a RHEL 7 server1. Where his script area is "/home/Bob/scripts/" and he is the owner for this directory.
On the server1, there is a NFS mount from another server2, with path as "/global/work/" and Bob is the owner for this directory too in server2. (Same UID and GID on both servers).

Now per policy, the "/global/work/" in Server1 is only for reference purpose, but should NOT execute any scripts from here. Because those are suppose to execute from Server2 only.

So how can I restrict, Bob, the owner of both, not to run any shell script from "/global/work" from server1, but allow him to do all other work as normal.

PS: I have access to edit his profile files.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON job to execute all scripts in a directory

Hi everyone: I'm trying to make a CRON job that will execute Fridays at 7am. I have the following: * 7 * * 5 I've been studying up on CRON and I know to have this in a file and then "crontab filename.txt" to add it to the CRON job list. The CRON part I believe I understand, but I would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annorax
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restrict the number of commands user can execute

Hi all, Is there a way to prevent users from being able to execute commands less a select few? For instance, I wish to allow the user to be only able to execute 1 command, which is exec a.sh. He should not be able to do simple stuff such as ls, cd, rm, cat, etc. Can this be achieved? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict FTP access to a single directory for only one user.

Hi All, It will be very great if you can help me in this issue. Thanks in advance. I need to enable FTP on a solaris9 server. I need to create a new user some "xxxxxx" and he can only FTP the files to and from between /tftpboot directory and network devices. Other users should not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshkumar_d
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do U restrict a user to a single directory?

specifically - I don't need to restrict a user to a single directory - but I want them to be "ROOTED" to their home directory. so if my home directory is /home/onlyme when I login - if I do a pwd - I want to see: / but in real life I will be in /home/onlyme - it just appears as root to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: itobenon
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restrict one user to see only his home directory in his profile

Hi I need to restrict one user to see only his home directory and one more directory how i can do this in his profile. The OS is Red hat linux I create a user -- tec and group calle --tec one the user log in he will see /home/tec and he need to see /opt/load this dirctory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
6 Replies

6. Linux

Restrict User to only execute the file.

Hi Gurus , I hope you are doing great . Other than owner of the file , OTHERS and GROUP should be restricted from read or write a file created by the owner. OTHERS and GROUP should be only allowed to execute the file. Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: palanisvr
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Restrict user to a particular directory

Hi I have a Fedora10 server and i need a particular user to view files only in a particular folder. All other files in other folders having "read" permission for all shouldn't be accessible to this user. Please let me know if ther's a way. Thanks, HG (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Restrict FTP User to a Directory

I am using Solaris 10 on SPARC. SunOS ddw 5.10 Generic_139555-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise I have put some text files in a directory '/u01/network' I want to create a ftp user which can just read the files in the network directory. The ftp user shouldn't be able to navigate or see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to restrict user to a specific directory in solaris 10

Hi all, I want to create a new user and grant him ONLY transfer files access to a specific directory where he can only upload and read the files. He should be restricted to this activity only. Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilldn
6 Replies

10. AIX

How to restrict user to a particular directory?

hi, I want to restrict some user access to only 1 directory (including all sub-directories/files in it). can you please explain me, how can we do this? example; Filesystem GB blocks Used Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 2.61 1.02 1.59 40% / /dev/hd2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
7 Replies
asadmin-list-authdbs(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-list-authdbs(1AS)

NAME
list-authdbs - gets the authorized database SYNOPSIS
list-authdbs --user admin_user[--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s][--instance instance_name] --virtualserver virtualserver_ID authdb_ID Gets the access control lists associated with the named server instance. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. --virtualserver virtual server ID. It can also be referred to as the variable $id in an obj.conf file. A virtual server ID cannot begin with a number. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance. Example 1: Using list-authdbs asadmin> lsit-authdbs --user admin --password adminadmin --host fuyako --port 7070 --virtualserver server1 server1 default sampleAuth Where: default and sampleAuth are the authdb IDs in virtual server server1 and instance server1 listed. asadmin% list-authdbs --instance server1 EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-authdb(1AS), asadmin-delete-authdb(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-authdbs(1AS)