Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Search for Multiple strings in a given date range and print the Group if they exists Post 303040200 by linuxuser999 on Thursday 24th of October 2019 08:55:08 PM
Old 10-24-2019
Search for Multiple strings in a given date range and print the Group if they exists

Hi,

I am Searching for Multiple strings in a given date range and print the Group if they exists. the below is the format:

Code:
[2019/10/16 13:22:47.961][INFO ][ABCDDDDDDD]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ID: FIRST ID
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONTEXT: {
  "ID" : 1,
  "event" : "something",
  COMMON_TEXT: COMMON
    "valid" : true
}
*************************************************************************************************************************
[2019/10/16 13:23:00.816][INFO ][ABCDDDDDEEEEEEE]
ID: SECOND ID
  "event" : "One More thing",
    "valid" : true
}
*************************************************************************************************************************
[2019/10/16 13:33:00.816][INFO ][ABCDDDDDEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEE]
ID: THIRD ID
  "event" : "Second thing",
    "valid" : False
}

SED COMMAND
Code:
sed -n '/2019\/10\/23 12:2[0-2]/{:a;N;/2019\/10\/23 12:3[0-3]/!ba; /FIRST ID/p}'  logfile

- This is working fine, but I wanted to give one more search criteria along with FIRST ID in the group (like something) and if both exists print the group otherwise skip the group.

AWK Command
Code:
awk 'substr($1,2,11)>="2019\/10\/23" && substr($1,2,11)<="2019\/10\/23" && substr($2,1,8)>="12:22:00" && substr($2,1,8)<="12:33:00"' logfile

I am getting only first line with the dates with this group.

I am not a unix expert, can someone please help on this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to print file names in a certain date range using ls

I need to list only file names of a specific date from the command ls -lt. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamwari
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files between a date range

Hi people A newbie here, thrown into the deep end. I want to select the group of files with in a range of dates and perform some operation on it. Are there inbuild date libraries i can use? I did read thru the old posts on this topic. Couldnt get much idea :(, basically want to know how I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zcanji
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple Strings in a File

Hi I want to search multiple strings in a file . But the search should start with "From" Keyword and end with before "Where" keyword. Please suggest me. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboss
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search, group , print count

hi All, need help. have a file like below A, error in 123 B, log files are present A, error in 23444 B, log files are present A, move to next line C, matching messages -- expected output-- A , count =2 , error in * A , count =1 , move to next line B , count =2 , log files are present... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1401
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific data in a file based on a date range

Hi, Currently I am working on a script to automate the process of converting the log file from binary into text format. To achieve this, partly I am depending on my application’s utility for this conversion and the rest I am relying on shell commands to search for directory, locate the file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search on date range of file based on user input

Hello I would like to ask for help with a script to search a directory that contains many log files and based on a users input after being prompted, they enter a date range down to the hour which searches the files that contain that range. I dont know how to go about this. I am hoping that the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostincashe
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk strings search + print next column after match

Hi, I have a file filled with search strings which have a blank in between and look like this: S. g. Ehr. o. Jg. v. d. Chijs g. Ehr. Now i would like to search for the strings and it also shall return the next column after the match. awk -v FILE="search_strings.txt" 'BEGIN {... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two search strings and print the value

Based on the forums i have tried with grep command but i am unable to get the required output. search this value /*------ If that is found then search for temp_vul and print and also search until /*------- and print new_vul Input file contains: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search file and print everything except multiple search terms

I'm trying to find a way to search a range of similar words in a file. I tried using sed but can't get it right:sed 's/\(ca01\)*//'It only removes "ca01" but leaves the rest of the word. I still want the rest of the information on the lines just not these specific words listed below. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
3 Replies
IO::Async::Signal(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    IO::Async::Signal(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Signal" - event callback on receipt of a POSIX signal SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::Signal; use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $signal = IO::Async::Signal->new( name => "HUP", on_receipt => sub { print "I caught SIGHUP "; }, ); $loop->add( $signal ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a particular POSIX signal is received. Multiple objects can be added to a "Loop" that all watch for the same signal. The callback functions will all be invoked, in no particular order. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_receipt Invoked when the signal is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": name => STRING The name of the signal to watch. This should be a bare name like "TERM". Can only be given at construction time. on_receipt => CODE CODE reference for the "on_receipt" event. Once constructed, the "Signal" will need to be added to the "Loop" before it will work. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Signal(3pm)