Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting --Parsing out strings for repeating delimiters for everyline Post 303040176 by RudiC on Thursday 24th of October 2019 11:37:31 AM
Old 10-24-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh
Tried this but not working::
Of course not - that was meant to extract the strings within parentheses, and you shouldn't expect it to do the opposite. You need to modify it slightly:
Code:
awk -F"[()]" '{for (i=1; i<=NF; i+=2) printf "%s ", $i; printf RS}' file
QREMOTE  CLUSTER  DEFBIND  DEFPSIST  DESCR  RQMNAME  RNAME  XMITQ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

parsing with multible delimiters

I have data that looks like this aaa!bbb!ccc/ddd/eee It is not fixed format. I need to parse ddd into a var in order to decide if I want to process that row. If I do I need to put ccc and bbb into vars to process it. I need to do this during a while loop one record at a time. Any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillbates
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut columns in everyline

Is there a betterway to cut certain columns in everyline based on positions. Basically, I have a largefile and eachline is of 1000 characters and I need to cut the characters 17-30, 750-775, 776-779, 780-805 while do fptr=`cat $tempfile | head -$i | tail -1` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunaah
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file to match strings

I have a file with the following format 12g data/datasets/cct 8g data/dataset/cct 10 g data/two 5g data/something_different 10g something_different 5g data/two is there a way to loop through this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yawalias
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk new datetime everyline

Hi, I'm using awk in HP-UX machine which does not support systime(), strftime(). So to get the date time I was using : seq 1 100000 | awk ' "date +%Y%m%d%H%M%s" | getline curtime; print curtime }' However the above code gets the date only once, next time it is not updated. For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Random_Net
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Strings

Hello All, I am new to shell scripting and programming. I am looking for a guide on how I can parse specific information from a plain text file with thousands of lines. Specifically I need to parse an email address from each line. The line looks something like this:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvdsystems
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings within XML file between different delimiters

Good afternoon! I have an XML file from which I want to extract only certain elements contained within each line. The problem is that the format of each line is not exactly the same (though similiar). For example, oa_var will be in each line, however, there may be no value or other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab@faa
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding variables to repeating strings

Hello, I want to add a letter to the end of a string if it repeats in a column. so if I have a file like this: DOG001 DOG0023 DOG004 DOG001 DOG0023 DOG001 the output should look like this: DOG001-a DOG0023-a DOG004 DOG001-b (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append server name to everyline?

I am executing df -mP to see the disk utilization. I would like to append servername also to each and every line. df -mP | awk '{ print $1","$2","$3","$4","$5","$6 }' trying to add something like this df -mP | awk '{ print $1","$2","$3","$4","$5","$6","$hostname }' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lazydev
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to rename the repeating strings

All, I have a sample text like below. Key (Header) Key1 ABC Key2 ABC Key3 ABC ABC Key4 ABC Key5 ABC ABC ABC Required Output Key (Header) Key1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

10. Programming

Segfault When Parsing Delimiters In C

Another project, another bump in the road and another chance to learn. I've been trying to open gzipped files and parse data from them and hit a snag. I have data in gzips with a place followed by an ip or ip range sort of like this: Some place:x.x.x.x-x.x.x.x I was able to modify some code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
6 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)