Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Not able to start cron service in Solaris 10 Post 303040055 by ron323232 on Tuesday 22nd of October 2019 05:08:48 PM
Old 10-22-2019
I was able to fix it. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a Script to Start as a Service

Hi, I have a shell script t1.sh. on my solaris box. So, what are the steps required to make this script run as a Service, when the system re-starts. (for ex:- at run level 3). I know that I should use the rc.d folders. But I don't know the exact steps. Kindly explain, Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

2. Solaris

How to supress a UI popup at the time of Service start up in solaris-10

Hi, I have written a service script(service.sh) for my application which will add my application(BTINM) as service and start the service. Internally inside the script i will call the sh script which will start my application server. When my application server starts a UI opens saying that the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krevathi1912
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start a service as user

Hi I need a service to be start as user after a reboot. My script in /etc/init.d contain the following: start() { su - $USER cd ${INSTALL_PATH}/bin ./MyApp -X exit return 0 } This function stops after su - $USER, I get user shell, and only if I manualy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
5 Replies

4. Programming

MySQL service start error

Hi, I have installed MySql version 5.0.67 in RedHat LINUX version 5. The installation completed successfully. When I am trying to start the service an error occured the error shown below ".......Manager of pid-file quit without updating file" Can anyone help me to fix the problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanakumar
4 Replies

5. AIX

Q: how to start a service when system start

As topic, assume we have a service called "blahservice" and we can start it by: startsrc -s blahservice what is the best practice to run such command when system start? - directly use mkitab to add it into /etc/inittab or - drop startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d I know they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

VSFTPD Service Failed to Start

Today I have installed VSFTPD but service is failing to start. We have been using standard FTP successful but need to introduce an FTPS option. I have run YUM install VSFTPD and everything appeared to load ok. (If I run rpm - qa | grep vsftpd I get vsftpd-2.0.5-16.el5_4.1 which I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulComins
4 Replies

7. Linux

Why service (start|stop) can not be called from cron?

Hi, When I googled, I came to know that I can not call the command "service <service-name> start" from cron, insted I have to specify path to the service-name. I wanted to know the reason. Thanks, Hansini (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Can't start NTOP service/daemon

I have installed version of ntop 4.0.3 by guide. But I can't start ntop daemon/service. I didn't find a service file for starting. During the installation there was no problem only want to RRDTool so I installed that. Now there is no necessary package required. I didn't find in /etc/init.d/... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to start xvfb service via rc script

Hi , I am having this start script to start xvfb under rc3.d but it fails during system startup saying unable to open display. also manually if i try to execute the script , it does not work. But if i execute what ever is there in the script line by line on my SHELL , it starts well. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to auto start a service on rebooting a Solaris 5.10 x86 machine?

Hi all, How to auto start a snmpd deamon on rebooting a Solaris 5.10 x86 machine. snmpd's path: /opt/download/net-snmp/sbin Thank you in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
6 Replies
aha(1)								 Ansi HTML Adapter							    aha(1)

NAME
aha - Ansi HTML Adapter SYNOPSIS
aha [options] [-f datei] DESCRIPTION
aha takes SGR-colored Input and prints W3C conform HTML-Code. aha reads the Input from a file or stdin and writes HTML-Code to stdout. OPTIONS
--help , -h , -? A help like this --black , -b Black Background and white "standard color" --pink , -p Pink Background --iso X , -i X Uses ISO 8859-X instead of utf-8. X must be 1..16 --title X , -t X Gives the html output the title --line-fix , -l Uses a fix for inputs using control sequences to change the cursor position like htop. It's a hot fix, it may not work with any pro- gram like htop. (See EXAMPLE) EXAMPLE
aha --help | aha --black --title "the awesome aha help"> aha-help.htm Creates an HTML file with the help of aha with black background colordiff oldfile.c newfile.c | aha > colordiff.htm Creates an HTML file with a colorful diff-output of two files "oldfile.c" and "newfile.c" with white background ls --color=always | aha --pink > ls.htm Creates an HTML file with a colorful ls-output with pink background. echo a | htop | aha --black --line-fix > htop.htm Creates an HTML file with the output of htop. You have to use --line-fix due the other new-line-commands htop uses. AUTHOR
Copyleft Alexander Matthes aka Ziz 2011 zizsdl@googlemail.com SEE ALSO
http://ziz.delphigl.com/tool_aha.php August 31, 2011 aha(1)