Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Motif gui programming !
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Motif gui programming ! Post 303040044 by Sennenmut on Tuesday 22nd of October 2019 10:30:07 AM
Old 10-22-2019
Motif gui programming !

MOTIF GUI PROGRAMMING !
Hi there. I am a MOTIF GUI Programmer in C language.
After a longer break i have problems with the GCC compiling.
my MOTIF file is named winstack.c
I have the follow code
Code:
 gcc -o newprogram  winstack.c  -lXm -lXt -lX11

The compilation runs good.
But no executable LINUX FILE is created. except a file named newprogram.
The properties of the file in the context menue is "shared library" not "executable".
Thats my problem.
From commandline is no problem with ./newprogram. A GUI Windows is opening.
How about a real linux exe to start with one click in file explorer ???
Kindly Regards
SM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GUI programming

I am a newbie to the *nix developer community, and was wondering if anyone has any good links on the subject of GUI programming in the X environment. Any suggestion is welcome =). (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solitare
2 Replies

2. Programming

Motif

Do you think that Motif programming is old...should I learn it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
3 Replies

3. Programming

motif help

Hi everyone, I am new in motif programming and I want to learn how to program it. I use Fedora core 3 and every time I compile the program, there are always some errors appear. One of the errors said that I do not have the Xm/xxxx.h However, I do not know precisely how to install header files. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqq
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Motif 2.1 migration from Motif 1.2

An application was getting built using Motif 1.2 that used come along Solaris 6 OS for compiling and linking. Application is run using Motif 2.1 on Solaris 10 and it is working fine. Application compilation and linking is working fine on Solaris 10 with Motif 2.1.0 but running the application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

6. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies

7. Programming

MOTIF programming and X11 client !

Hi there , i am interesting in MOTIF programming. One question : Is it right that in Motif GUI programming the actions are automaticly transformed and networked to other clients over the internet without network programming necessary ? Are the commands automatic transformed by the X11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zabo
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wanna learn native GUI programming in UNIX - Linux ?

Hi , wanna learn native GUI programming in Unix-Linux instead of Gtk and Qt. No problem. You don't need a cross platform Gui toolkit like Gtk and Qt. And the code and syntax is also not more or less than others. Check out this code for a simple mainwindow for your application that is openend in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

I'll be a professional MOTIF GUI programmer.

I'll be a professional MOTIF GUI programmer. And nothing will stop me. Nothing. :) (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Motif GUI example. UNIX executable ready.

Motif GUI example. Unix executable ready. Hi , i have attached my executable GUI example file in form of a .gz file. please gunzip file before. May i ask you for check it out that it is running on your machine ? You should have "Motif" package installed. when you klick the unix executable... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
C99(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    C99(1)

NAME
c99 -- standard C language compiler SYNOPSIS
c99 [-cEgs] [-D name[=value]] ... [-I directory] ... [-L directory] ... [-o outfile] [-O optlevel] [-U name] ... operand ... DESCRIPTION
This is the name of the C language compiler as required by the IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1'') standard. The c99 compiler accepts the following options: -c Suppress the link-edit phase of the compilation, and do not remove any object files that are produced. -D name[=value] Define name as if by a C-language #define directive. If no ``=value'' is given, a value of 1 will be used. Note that in order to request a translation as specified by IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''), you need to define _POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L either in the source or using this option. The -D option has lower precedence than the -U option. That is, if name is used in both a -U and a -D option, name will be undefined regardless of the order of the options. The -D option may be specified more than once. -E Copy C-language source files to the standard output, expanding all preprocessor directives; no compilation will be performed. -g Produce symbolic information in the object or executable files. -I directory Change the algorithm for searching for headers whose names are not absolute pathnames to look in the directory named by the directory pathname before looking in the usual places. Thus, headers whose names are enclosed in double-quotes ("") will be searched for first in the directory of the file with the #include line, then in directories named in -I options, and last in the usual places. For headers whose names are enclosed in angle brackets (<>), the header will be searched for only in directories named in -I options and then in the usual places. Directories named in -I options shall be searched in the order specified. The -I option may be specified more than once. -L directory Change the algorithm of searching for the libraries named in the -l objects to look in the directory named by the directory pathname before looking in the usual places. Directories named in -L options will be searched in the order specified. The -L option may be specified more than once. -o outfile Use the pathname outfile, instead of the default a.out, for the executable file produced. -O optlevel If optlevel is zero, disable all optimizations. Otherwise, enable optimizations at the specified level. -s Produce object and/or executable files from which symbolic and other information not required for proper execution has been removed (stripped). -U name Remove any initial definition of name. The -U option may be specified more than once. An operand is either in the form of a pathname or the form -l library. At least one operand of the pathname form needs to be specified. Supported operands are of the form: file.c A C-language source file to be compiled and optionally linked. The operand must be of this form if the -c option is used. file.a A library of object files, as produced by ar(1), passed directly to the link editor. file.o An object file produced by c99 -c, and passed directly to the link editor. -l library Search the library named liblibrary.a. A library will be searched when its name is encountered, so the placement of a -l operand is significant. SEE ALSO
ar(1), c89(1), cc(1), c99(7) STANDARDS
The c99 utility interface conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). Since it is a wrapper around GCC, it is limited to the C99 fea- tures that GCC actually implements. See http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.2/c99status.html. BSD
June 17, 2010 BSD