Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Csh doesn't source init files completely Post 303039979 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 20th of October 2019 04:00:21 AM
Old 10-20-2019
That looks like a severe bug in tcsh.
Downgrade It!
(I wonder why they still do changes to that dead horse.)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Missing init files for zsh and bash

I change my default shell to zsh but can't find the init files, .zshrc and .zlogin from /export/home and /home. The other shells init files are there:.cshrc, .profile and .login. Am I suppose to use these as templates? Also, bash_history is there but not zsh_history although zsh do keep a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maag
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Completely Transfered files

I have a driectoty called TEMP on server 1.There is a process running on another server which is pushing files in this directory of server 1. I want to write a script which will move the files from TEMP directory to TEMP2 directory on server 1 only but make sure that it will only copy those files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 33junaid
2 Replies

4. Programming

Open source my OIOIC, a completely new object-oriented mechanism for the C.

OIOIC is a completely new object-oriented mechanism for the C programming language. Please download the "OIOIC-Primer-2nd-Edition-English.tar.gz". (the English version of << OIOIC Primer >> ) http://code.google.com/p/oioic/downloads/list Welcome your advice! Using OIOIC, you can describe... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pervise.zhao
7 Replies

5. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to source csh script in tcl script

i have atcl script and i want to source a csh script to reflect changes done by script ........ Please help....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragarora47
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

source the csh into the bin/sh

I tried to source the csh file into the bin/sh(input file is srcinput.sh ). Its(csh -f ...csh) not working. I tried to source like csh -f D:/sample/expand/env.csh env.csh sets the environment and it source another .csh file using source fname.csh. fname.csh it sets one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
BASHBUG(1)						      General Commands Manual							BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--version] [--help] [email-address] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a shell script to help the user compose and mail bug reports concerning bash in a standard format. bashbug invokes the editor specified by the environment variable EDITOR on a temporary copy of the bug report format outline. The user must fill in the appropriate fields and exit the editor. bashbug then mails the completed report to bug-bash@gnu.org, or email-address. If the report cannot be mailed, it is saved in the file dead.bashbug in the invoking user's home directory. The bug report format outline consists of several sections. The first section provides information about the machine, operating system, the bash version, and the compilation environment. The second section should be filled in with a description of the bug. The third sec- tion should be a description of how to reproduce the bug. The optional fourth section is for a proposed fix. Fixes are encouraged. ENVIRONMENT
bashbug will utilize the following environment variables if they exist: EDITOR Specifies the preferred editor. If EDITOR is not set, bashbug defaults to emacs. HOME Directory in which the failed bug report is saved if the mail fails. TMPDIR Directory in which to create temporary files and directories. SEE ALSO
bash(1) AUTHORS
Brian Fox, Free Software Foundation bfox@gnu.org Chet Ramey, Case Western Reserve University chet@po.cwru.edu GNU Bash-4.0 1998 July 30 BASHBUG(1)