Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Csh doesn't source init files completely Post 303039978 by heiko123 on Sunday 20th of October 2019 03:49:39 AM
Old 10-20-2019
Thanks for your answer. tcsh -X shows exactly the commands until the end of the bindkey.tcsh. Anyway, I think it's not a peculiarity of these files. I tested with two toy files

Code:
# file1
echo "entering file 1"
source file2
echo "leaving file 1"

Code:
# file2
echo "entering file 2"
set x=1

echo "leaving file 2"

And this is what happens:
Code:
heiko>source file1 
entering file 1
entering file 2
leaving file 2
heiko>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Missing init files for zsh and bash

I change my default shell to zsh but can't find the init files, .zshrc and .zlogin from /export/home and /home. The other shells init files are there:.cshrc, .profile and .login. Am I suppose to use these as templates? Also, bash_history is there but not zsh_history although zsh do keep a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maag
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Completely Transfered files

I have a driectoty called TEMP on server 1.There is a process running on another server which is pushing files in this directory of server 1. I want to write a script which will move the files from TEMP directory to TEMP2 directory on server 1 only but make sure that it will only copy those files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 33junaid
2 Replies

4. Programming

Open source my OIOIC, a completely new object-oriented mechanism for the C.

OIOIC is a completely new object-oriented mechanism for the C programming language. Please download the "OIOIC-Primer-2nd-Edition-English.tar.gz". (the English version of << OIOIC Primer >> ) http://code.google.com/p/oioic/downloads/list Welcome your advice! Using OIOIC, you can describe... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pervise.zhao
7 Replies

5. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to source csh script in tcl script

i have atcl script and i want to source a csh script to reflect changes done by script ........ Please help....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragarora47
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

source the csh into the bin/sh

I tried to source the csh file into the bin/sh(input file is srcinput.sh ). Its(csh -f ...csh) not working. I tried to source like csh -f D:/sample/expand/env.csh env.csh sets the environment and it source another .csh file using source fname.csh. fname.csh it sets one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)