Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Information on forwarding queue occupation in a Linux router Post 303039953 by Neo on Friday 18th of October 2019 10:51:16 PM
Old 10-18-2019
TCP is a "connection-oriented" "end-to-end" client-server protocol.

This means that parameters related to TCP sockets, buffers, lengths, fragments, etc. effect the end-to-end connection and are controlled by the end-to-end TCP connection, not the intermediate routing devices and intermediate hosts.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux Router?

I am trying to set up a linux box as a router, but I am a little confused on how to do this. I am using Red Hat 9.0 on a machine that has 2 nic cards. Also, I am using a DSL pppoe connection. I have installed rp-pppoe and I am connected to the internet via the pseudo pppoe interface. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

ssh X-forwarding and remote forwarding behind proxy

Hi, from my workplace we use a proxy to connect to the outside world, including external ssh servers. The problem is that the server is seeing the connection coming from the proxy and knows nothing about the client behind it. The ssh connection itself works fine, but x-forwarding does not work as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vampirodolce
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send information about disk occupation periodically by email

Hi, I want to make a shell script that gives me the information about the disk occupation by sending me an email once in a month for example. With this command df|tr -s " "|cut -d" " -f 1,5 I can see the occupation but I dont know how to make the machine to send me the email with this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adam Brave
7 Replies
TCPCONNECT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     TCPCONNECT(1)

NAME
tcplisten - general TCP/IP server SYNOPSIS
tcplisten [-irv] [localaddr] port DESCRIPTION
tcplisten waits for a TCP/IP connection on port. If a localaddr parameter is given, tcplisten will bind to that IP address. Otherwise tcplisten will accept connections to any of the local machines IP addresses. Data received from the client is printed on standard output, and data read from standard input is sent to the client. When end-of-file is reached on both standard input and the TCP/IP connection, tcplisten terminates. OPTIONS
-i Terminate at end-of-file on standard input; don't wait for the client to close the connection. -r Terminate when the remote client closes the connection; don't wait for end-of-file on standard input. -v Verbose mode. Prints a message to standard error about the origins (host and port) of the client. SEE ALSO
tcpconnect(1), telnet(1), mini-inetd(1), tcpbug(1). BUGS
The names of the options are not yet finalized, and may change at a future release. 1997 April 13 TCPCONNECT(1)