Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers SAMBA as Active Directory Domin Controller Post 303039907 by engineer2002 on Thursday 17th of October 2019 07:52:19 AM
Old 10-17-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by gull04
Hi,

Your response isn't the way to get help here, you should show us what yiou have tried and what if any problems you are having.

For us to provide specifice commands, we would need a significant amount of information like the setup of your DNS, whether DHCP is used, what your work groups are called and many other things.

I have sent you a link to sufficiently detailed instructions to get you started, so if you use that and report when you have a problem - we will be able to assist you more.

Regards

Gull04

Yes sir
Domain is. Tech.edu

No DHCP Server.
DNS is Tech.edu.
( already configured)

Note:. DHCP I can configure myself along with DNS server.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Authentication problems with Active Directory/Samba/Winbind/Pam

Hi all. I'm having real trouble authenticating users against active directory for my SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 box running samba 3.0.24 (installed via Maintenance pack 4). I can list AD users/groups (after overcoming several hiccups) with wbinfo -g / wbinfo -u. I can use id to get a view an ad user ie:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silk600
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Samba from Source on AIX, Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos

Hello, I asked this question in the AIX subforum but never received an answer, probably because the AIX forum is not that heavily trafficked. Anyway, here it is.. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
9 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX SSH and Active Directory Kerberos with Samba

The situation: i have a AD server with samba4,all clients ssh-kerberos works fine,except hpux :p wich works only for few days..then i must re-export(sic!) the keys with samba-tool domain exportkeytab 11.keytab --principal=host/hpux.fqdn Why after few days ssh return error "server not found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

How can I add to Active Directory with Samba Linux?

hi How do I update this file /etc/samba/smb.conf Linux be added to Active Directory thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 7.1 - Samba 4 File Shares and Integration with Active Directory Issues

Hi. Ive recently upgraded Samba on an AIX server to Samba 4. The aim is to allow a specific group of Windows AD users to access some AIX file shares (with no requirement to enter passwords) - using AD to authenticate. Currently I have: Samba 4 installed ( and 3 daemons running) Installed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
1 Replies
Net::LDAP::Extra::AD(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::LDAP::Extra::AD(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Extra::AD -- AD convenience methods SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP::Extra qw(AD); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( ... ); ... if ($ldap->is_AD || $ldap->is_ADAM) { $ldap->change_ADpassword($dn, $old_password, $new_password); } DESCRIPTION
Net::LDAP::Extra::AD tries to spare users the necessity to reinvent the wheel again and again in order to correctly encode password strings so that they can be used in AD password change operations. To do so, it provides the following methods: METHODS
is_AD ( ) Tell if the LDAP server queried is an Active Directory Domain Controller. As the check is done by querying the root DSE of the directory, it works without being bound to the directory. is_ADAM ( ) Tell if the LDAP server queried is running AD LDS (Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services), previously known as ADAM (Active Directoy Application Mode). As the check is done by querying the root DSE of the directory, it works without being bound to the directory. change_ADpassword ( DN, OLD_PASSWORD, NEW_PASSWORD ) Change the password of the account given by DN from its old value OLD_PASSWORD to the new value NEW_PASSWORD. This method requires encrypted connections. reset_ADpassword ( DN, NEW_PASSWORD, OPTIONS ) Reset the password of the account given by DN to the value given in NEW_PASSWORD. OPTIONS is a list of key/value pairs. The following keys are recognized: force_change If TRUE, the affected user is required to change the password at next login. For this method to work, the caller needs to be bound to AD with sufficient permissions, and the connection needs to be encrypted. AUTHOR
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de<gt> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2012 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-12-23 Net::LDAP::Extra::AD(3)