Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to get last 15 minutes timestamp and threshold > 60 will sent alert? Post 303039852 by Peasant on Wednesday 16th of October 2019 11:06:16 AM
Old 10-16-2019
If we could see the content of tdr12009.log , your job could probably be done with a single awk invocation against the log file.
Show the input please, operating system and shell you are using.

Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching Error Message from a log life between timestamp of every 10 minutes

HI Everyone, My task is to search error messages last 10 minutes everytime from a log file. My script, date1=`date -d '10 minutes ago' "+%H:%M:%S"` date2=`date "+%H:%M:%S"` awk -v d1="${date1}" -v d2="${date2}" '$0~d1{p=1} $0~d2{p=0} p' filename No error getting in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctscbe
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a sql script on multiple $Oracle_SID at once and send an alert if reaches the threshold

I am trying to accomplish following tasks in my KSH script: Run a sql script on multiple $ORACLE_SID at once Sends an alert only if the threshold > 2 for any of the $ORACLE_SID Please advice as to how I can approach this!! Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jd_2000
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp

So basically I have a log file and each line in this log file starts with a timestamp: MON DD HH:MM:SS SEP 15 07:30:01 I need to grep all the lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp. Then these lines will be moved to a tmp file from which I will grep for particular strings. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file for the last 5 minutes of contents every 5 minutes

Hi all, System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS i have the following log INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,099 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/8550614e-3e94-4fa5-9ab2-135eefa69c1b HTTP/1.0" 500 2042 INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,569 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/6cb9c452-dcb1-45f3-bcca-e33f5d450105... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file creation Time minutes and if file older then 5 minutes execute some stuff

Hello all, Info: System RedHat 7.5 I need to create a script that based on the creation time, if the file is older then 5 minutes then execute some stuff, if not exit. I thought to get the creation time and minutes like this. CreationTime=$(stat -c %y /tmp/test.log | awk -F" " '{ print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies
condor_wait(1)						      General Commands Manual						    condor_wait(1)

Name
       condor_wait Wait - for jobs to finish

Synopsis
       condor_wait [-help -version]

condor_wait[-debug] [-wait seconds] [-num number-of-jobs] log-file[job ID]

Description
       condor_waitwatches  a  user  log file (created with the logcommand within a submit description file) and returns when one or more jobs from
       the log have completed or aborted.

Because condor_waitexpects to find at least one job submitted event in the log file, at least one job must have been successfully submitted
       with condor_submitbefore condor_waitis executed.

condor_waitwill wait forever for jobs to finish, unless a shorter wait time is specified.

Options
       -help

Display usage information

-version

Display version information

-debug

Show extra debugging information.

-wait seconds

Wait no more than the integer number of seconds. The default is unlimited time.

-num number-of-jobs

Wait for the integer number-of-jobsjobs to end. The default is all jobs in the log file.

log file

The name of the log file to watch for information about the job.

job ID

A  specific job or set of jobs to watch. If the job IDis only the job ClassAd attribute  ClusterId , then condor_wait waits for all jobs
	  with the given  ClusterId . If the job IDis a pair of the job ClassAd attributes, given by  ClusterId . ProcId , then condor_wait  waits
	  for  the specific job with this job ID. If this option is not specified, all jobs that exist in the log file when condor_wait is invoked
	  will be watched.

General Remarks
       condor_waitis an inexpensive way to test or wait for the completion of a job or a whole cluster, if you are trying to get a process outside
       of Condor to synchronize with a job or set of jobs.

It can also be used to wait for the completion of a limited subset of jobs, via the -numoption.

Examples
       condor_wait  logfile

This command waits for all jobs that exist in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  logfile 40

This command waits for all jobs that exist in  logfile with a job ClassAd attribute  ClusterId of 40 to complete.

condor_wait  -num 2 logfile

This command waits for any two jobs that exist in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  logfile 40.1

This command waits for job 40.1 that exists in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  -wait 3600 logfile 40.1

This waits for job 40.1 to complete by watching	logfile , but it will not wait more than one hour (3600 seconds).

Exit Status
       condor_waitexits  with  0  if and only if the specified job or jobs have completed or aborted. condor_waitreturns 1 if unrecoverable errors
       occur, such as a missing log file, if the job does not exist in the log file, or the user-specified waiting time has expired.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						    condor_wait(1)