Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240] Post 303039837 by z_haseeb on Wednesday 16th of October 2019 07:50:18 AM
Old 10-16-2019
Code:
-> show HOST

/HOST
    Targets:
        bootmode
        diag
        domain

Properties:
        autorestart = reset
        autorunonerror = false
        bootfailrecovery = Powercycle
        bootrestart = none
        boottimeout = 0
        hypervisor_version = Hypervisor 1.7.4.a 2009/09/21 08:25
        macaddress = 00:21:28:76:4d:cc
        maxbootfail = 5
        obp_version = OBP 4.30.4 2009/08/19 07:25
        post_version = POST 4.30.4 2009/08/19 07:50
        send_break_action = (none)
        status = Powered off
        sysfw_version = Sun System Firmware 7.2.4.e 2009/09/21 09:50

Commands:
        cd
        set
        show

-> start /SP/console
Are you sure you want to start /SP/console (y/n)? y

Serial console started.  To stop, type #.
\

1- I have set the "bootfailrecovery" to "Powercycle" and increase the "maxbootfail" from "5".

2- ran the command start /SP/console
3- Clicked on power button after step-2
But no success

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me with mounting a file share from my Sun T2000 server running Solaris 10 to my connected 2530 disk array? I believe I've connected the disk array correctly and I have created a volume on the array using the filesystem (Sun_SAM-FS, RAID-5). The T2000... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DundeeDancer
15 Replies

3. Solaris

Small issue with Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120

Good Day, We have bought Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120 with pre-installed Solaris 10 Sparc But i need on this server Solaris 9. I have inserted in to DVD-rom (USB DVD-rom) with Solaris 9 for Sparc. Then log into shell and type: reboot -- cdrom. System rebooted and i have this message: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Shalin
3 Replies

4. Solaris

SNMP - cpu core information for Sun SPARC machine

Dears, I'm looking for getting CPU cores information of Sun machines (like: SunFire V880, Fujitsu SPARC T5120, ...) via SNMP, unfortunately i couldn't find the proper OID for that. Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
MPI_Alloc_mem(3OpenMPI) 												   MPI_Alloc_mem(3OpenMPI)

NAME
MPI_Alloc_mem - Allocates a specified memory segment. SYNTAX
C Syntax #include <mpi.h> int MPI_Alloc_mem(MPI_Aint size, MPI_Info info, void *baseptr) Fortran Syntax (see FORTRAN NOTES) INCLUDE 'mpif.h' MPI_ALLOC_MEM(SIZE, INFO, BASEPTR, IERROR) INTEGER INFO, IERROR INTEGER(KIND=MPI_ADDRESS_KIND) SIZE, BASEPTR C++ Syntax #include <mpi.h> void* MPI::Alloc_mem(MPI::Aint size, const MPI::Info& info) INPUT PARAMETERS
size Size of memory segment in bytes (nonnegative integer). info Info argument (handle). OUTPUT PARAMETERS
baseptr Pointer to beginning of memory segment allocated. IERROR Fortran only: Error status (integer). DESCRIPTION
MPI_Alloc_mem allocates size bytes of memory. The starting address of this memory is returned in the variable base. FORTRAN NOTES
There is no portable FORTRAN 77 syntax for using MPI_Alloc_mem. There is no portable Fortran syntax for using pointers returned from MPI_Alloc_mem. However, MPI_Alloc_mem can be used with Sun Fortran compilers. From FORTRAN 77, you can use the following non-standard declarations for the SIZE and BASEPTR arguments: INCLUDE "mpif.h" INTEGER*MPI_ADDRESS_KIND SIZE, BASEPTR From either FORTRAN 77 or Fortran 90, you can use "Cray pointers" for the BASEPTR argument. Cray pointers are described further in the For- tran User's Guide and are supported by many Fortran compilers. For example, INCLUDE "mpif.h" REAL*4 A(100,100) POINTER (BASEPTR, A) INTEGER*MPI_ADDRESS_KIND SIZE SIZE = 4 * 100 * 100 CALL MPI_ALLOC_MEM(SIZE,MPI_INFO_NULL,BASEPTR,IERR) ! use A CALL MPI_FREE_MEM(A, IERR) ERRORS
Almost all MPI routines return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. C++ func- tions do not return errors. If the default error handler is set to MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS, then on error the C++ exception mechanism will be used to throw an MPI:Exception object. Before the error value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job, except for I/O function errors. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarantee that an MPI program can continue past an error. SEE ALSO
MPI_Free_mem Open MPI 1.2 September 2006 MPI_Alloc_mem(3OpenMPI)