Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240] Post 303039832 by z_haseeb on Wednesday 16th of October 2019 06:32:09 AM
Old 10-16-2019
Code:
-> power on
Invalid command 'power' - type help for a list of commands.

-> poweron
Invalid command 'poweron' - type help for a list of commands.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Code tags please!

Last edited by Peasant; 10-16-2019 at 07:40 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me with mounting a file share from my Sun T2000 server running Solaris 10 to my connected 2530 disk array? I believe I've connected the disk array correctly and I have created a volume on the array using the filesystem (Sun_SAM-FS, RAID-5). The T2000... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DundeeDancer
15 Replies

3. Solaris

Small issue with Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120

Good Day, We have bought Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120 with pre-installed Solaris 10 Sparc But i need on this server Solaris 9. I have inserted in to DVD-rom (USB DVD-rom) with Solaris 9 for Sparc. Then log into shell and type: reboot -- cdrom. System rebooted and i have this message: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Shalin
3 Replies

4. Solaris

SNMP - cpu core information for Sun SPARC machine

Dears, I'm looking for getting CPU cores information of Sun machines (like: SunFire V880, Fujitsu SPARC T5120, ...) via SNMP, unfortunately i couldn't find the proper OID for that. Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
SYS(1)                                                         AFS Command Reference                                                        SYS(1)

NAME
sys - Reports the compile-time CPU/operating system type SYNOPSIS
sys DESCRIPTION
The sys command displays the string set at compile time that indicates the local machine's CPU/operating system (OS) type, conventionally called the sysname. This string is the default for the value stored in kernel memory. The Cache Manager substitutes this string for the @sys variable which can occur in AFS pathnames; the OpenAFS Quick Start Guide and OpenAFS Administration Guide explain how using @sys can simplify cell configuration. To set a new value in kernel memory, use the fs sysname command. To view the current value set in the kernel, use either fs sysname or livesys. CAUTIONS
You almost always want to use livesys rather than this command. The sys command displays a single value hard-coded at compile time. It does not query the Cache Manager for the current value and it does not report sysname lists. If you have changed the local system type with fs sysname, or if you run a version of sys compiled differently than the Cache Manager running on the system, the value returned will not match the behavior of the Cache Manager. The only reason to use sys is that livesys wasn't available in older versions of AFS. OUTPUT
The machine's system type appears as a text string: I<system_type> EXAMPLES
The following example shows the output produced on a Sun SPARCStation running Solaris 5.7: % sys sun4x_57 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
fs_sysname(1), livesys(1) The OpenAFS Quick Start Guides at <http://docs.openafs.org/>. The OpenAFS Administration Guide at <http://docs.openafs.org/AdminGuide/>. COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 SYS(1)