Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240] Post 303039826 by z_haseeb on Wednesday 16th of October 2019 05:48:37 AM
Old 10-16-2019
Code:
-> start /SYS
Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y
Starting /SYS 

-> start /SP/console
Are you sure you want to start /SP/console (y/n)? y

Serial console started.  To stop, type #.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me with mounting a file share from my Sun T2000 server running Solaris 10 to my connected 2530 disk array? I believe I've connected the disk array correctly and I have created a volume on the array using the filesystem (Sun_SAM-FS, RAID-5). The T2000... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DundeeDancer
15 Replies

3. Solaris

Small issue with Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120

Good Day, We have bought Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120 with pre-installed Solaris 10 Sparc But i need on this server Solaris 9. I have inserted in to DVD-rom (USB DVD-rom) with Solaris 9 for Sparc. Then log into shell and type: reboot -- cdrom. System rebooted and i have this message: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Shalin
3 Replies

4. Solaris

SNMP - cpu core information for Sun SPARC machine

Dears, I'm looking for getting CPU cores information of Sun machines (like: SunFire V880, Fujitsu SPARC T5120, ...) via SNMP, unfortunately i couldn't find the proper OID for that. Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
asadmin-start-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-start-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-start-domain, start-domain - starts the given domain SYNOPSIS
start-domain [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--verbose=false] [--debug] [domain_name] start-domain starts the specified domain. If there is only one domain in the default domain directory (install_dir/domains), then no oper- and is required to start the domain. However, if there is more than one domain, the domain operand must be specified. This command can only be run locally. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be started. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain is started in the default install_dir/domains directory. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --verbose by default this flag is set to false. If set to true, detailed server startup output is displayed. Press CTRL-C to kill the server. Press CTRL- to print a thread dump. --debug by default this flag is set to false. If set to true, the server is started in debug mode and prints the JPDA port on the console. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using start-domain asadmin> start-domain sampleDomain Starting Domain sampleDomain, please wait. Domain sampleDomain started Where: the sampleDomain domain is started. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-start-domain(1AS)