Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240] Post 303039822 by z_haseeb on Wednesday 16th of October 2019 05:19:00 AM
Old 10-16-2019
Code:
-> set /SYS keyswitch_state=diag
Set 'keyswitch_state' to 'diag'

-> start /SYS
Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y
Starting /SYS

-> start /SP/console
Are you sure you want to start /SP/console (y/n)? y

Serial console started.  To stop, type #.

Serial console stopped.

-> show /SP/faultmgmt -level all

/SP/faultmgmt
    Targets:

Properties:

Commands:
        cd
        show

Last edited by Peasant; 10-16-2019 at 07:39 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me with mounting a file share from my Sun T2000 server running Solaris 10 to my connected 2530 disk array? I believe I've connected the disk array correctly and I have created a volume on the array using the filesystem (Sun_SAM-FS, RAID-5). The T2000... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DundeeDancer
15 Replies

3. Solaris

Small issue with Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120

Good Day, We have bought Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120 with pre-installed Solaris 10 Sparc But i need on this server Solaris 9. I have inserted in to DVD-rom (USB DVD-rom) with Solaris 9 for Sparc. Then log into shell and type: reboot -- cdrom. System rebooted and i have this message: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Shalin
3 Replies

4. Solaris

SNMP - cpu core information for Sun SPARC machine

Dears, I'm looking for getting CPU cores information of Sun machines (like: SunFire V880, Fujitsu SPARC T5120, ...) via SNMP, unfortunately i couldn't find the proper OID for that. Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
IBDM-TOPO-FILE(1)					       IB DATA MODEL PACKAGE						 IBDM-TOPO-FILE(1)

NAME
IBDM Topology File The topology file describes the IB connectivity and systems included in the network. It serves two purposes: 1. Support for arbitrary system names to be later used in every report that IBDM generates. 2. Connectivity verification: The specified network topology is verified against the discovered one. Mismatch errors resulting from missing cables and/or wrong connections are reported by IBADM. The topology file is composed "system" sections. Each such section describes the connectivity of one system to other systems in the net- work. The first line of each section is a declaration of the system composed of a system-type, its system-name section, and optional con- figuration details. The lines to follow until the next empty line describe the connections between this system ports to the other systems. The following is a formal definition of a system section syntax. An example is listed afterwards. SYSTEM-TYPE SYSTEM-NAME [CFG: <b1>=<modifier>, [<b2>=<modifier>]...] LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME . . . SYSTEM-TYPE SYSTEM-NAME [CFG: <b1>=<modifier>, [<b2>=<modifier>]...] LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME -> REM-SYS-TYPE REM-SYS-NAME REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME . . . . . . Where: SYSTEM-TYPE and REM-SYS-TYPE Any system that has a corresponding IBNL definition. See man ibdm-ibnl-file SYSTEM-NAME The name of the system described in this topology file section. LOCAL-PORT-PANEL-NAME The name of the local system port. The numbers printed on the front panel are used together with Ln for Leaf no. N or Sn for Spine no. N. REM-SYS-NAME The name of the system connected to the local port. REM-PORT-PANEL-NAME A name of the remote system port. We use the numbers as printed on the front panel and Ln for Leaf number N or Sn for Spine number N. EXAMPLE
The following is a topology file for a simple cluster with one 24 port switch and two HCAs. The firts HCA named H-1 and connect to the fab- ric with its two ports. The second HCA named H-2. The switch is of type MTS2400 and is named S-1 MTS2400 S-1 P1 -> MT23108 H-1 P1 P2 -> MT23108 H-1 P2 P24 -> MT23108 H-2 P1 OPTIONAL CFG SECTION
This section in the system declaration line describes the special customization of each board of the system. That is the CFG string is a set of comma-separated sub-fields. Each sub-field describes some special configuration of a corresponding sys- tem board. The actual semantics of the specific board modifiers is defined by the IBNL of the specific system. EXAMPLE
The following is an example of a definition-line in a topology file of the MTS9600 switch system. This switch system can have up to eight leafs and four spines. This example of the MTS9600 lacks (R) leafs no.6,7 and 8, and lacks spines no. 3 and 4. MTS9600 PartialGz1 CFG: leaf3=R,leaf5=R,leaf7=R,spine1=R AUTHOR
Eitan Zahavi, Mellanox Technologies LTD, eitan@mellanox.co.il IBDM 1.0 2008-06-16 IBDM-TOPO-FILE(1)