Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Two days ahead
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Two days ahead Post 303039816 by answer on Wednesday 16th of October 2019 04:39:08 AM
Old 10-16-2019
Two days ahead

Hi,
I have a code that will show one day ahead, how to make it show two days ahead

p-dev1-db-tst:/$ day=$(TZ=IST-24 date +%d)
p-dev1-db-tst:/$ echo $day
p-dev1-db-tst:/$

Regards, Adam

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Experts Only! Hard Question Ahead!!!!

SunOS5.8 is a radical departure from SunOs4.X in many ways. one of the important differences is the handling of devices. Adding devices under SunOS4.x required a kernel reconfiguration, recompliation and reboot. Under SunOS5.X, this has changed with the ability to add some drivers on the fly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Foo49272
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Read-ahead in HP-UX

One cool thing about unix is that it predicts disk blocks that you may need and tries to have them in core before you need them. Over the years, various unix vendors tried various algorithms to improve performance. HP has patented their latest algorithm... Multi-threaded Read Ahead Prediction... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL look ahead and behind ...

I would like to search a router config file for "ip address $ip", once found, I want to grab the line just before that contains "interface $interfacetype" basically saying, 10.3.127.9 is assigned to "Loopback1" given the below as an example. interface Loopback1 ip address 10.3.127.9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

4. AIX

CIO/DIO and JFS2 read ahead

Hi Guys, I wonder if after enabling CIO/DIO at the filesystem level and assuming that CIO/DIO will bypass the JFS2 read ahead available when not using CIO/DIO my questionis what parameters I can play with to tune/improve the CIO in order to obtain similar performance for sequential reads (... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting line ahead and next using AWK or SED

:confused: Good Day, I have this script that gets the archive names and the time it applies based on the alert log. The application of archives are of daily basis and usually many so having this script helps my job become easier. My problem is that when i get all the time stamps and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ownins
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trim 0 ahead of a time,pls help~

Hi, I am trying to write a ksh to compare the time in a date date Thu Jul 1 09:01:24 PDT 2010 when I try to get hour date | awk '{print $4}' | cut -f1 -d: 08 how I can trim the 0 ahead of 08 to make it 8? please help~ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
7 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS Share Time an Hour Ahead

Time on unix server shows 8:00a CST Time on Windows 7 Box shows 8:00a CST However when you access an NFS share the time stamp on the files show an hour ahead? Talking about a newly created file shows an hour ahead so at 8:00a the file will show a time stamp of 9:00a CST the problem it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paul Standley
1 Replies
GMMKTIME(3)								 1							       GMMKTIME(3)

gmmktime - Get Unix timestamp for a GMT date

SYNOPSIS
int gmmktime ([int $hour = gmdate("H")], [int $minute = gmdate("i")], [int $second = gmdate("s")], [int $month = gmdate("n")], [int $day = gmdate("j")], [int $year = gmdate("Y")], [int $is_dst = -1]) DESCRIPTION
Identical to mktime(3) except the passed parameters represents a GMT date. gmmktime(3) internally uses mktime(3) so only times valid in derived local time can be used. Like mktime(3), arguments may be left out in order from right to left, with any omitted arguments being set to the current corresponding GMT value. PARAMETERS
o $hour - The number of the hour relative to the start of the day determined by $month, $day and $year. Negative values reference the hour before midnight of the day in question. Values greater than 23 reference the appropriate hour in the following day(s). o $minute - The number of the minute relative to the start of the $hour. Negative values reference the minute in the previous hour. Values greater than 59 reference the appropriate minute in the following hour(s). o $second - The number of seconds relative to the start of the $minute. Negative values reference the second in the previous minute. Values greater than 59 reference the appropriate second in the following minute(s). o $month - The number of the month relative to the end of the previous year. Values 1 to 12 reference the normal calendar months of the year in question. Values less than 1 (including negative values) reference the months in the previous year in reverse order, so 0 is December, -1 is November, etc. Values greater than 12 reference the appropriate month in the following year(s). o $day - The number of the day relative to the end of the previous month. Values 1 to 28, 29, 30 or 31 (depending upon the month) refer- ence the normal days in the relevant month. Values less than 1 (including negative values) reference the days in the previous month, so 0 is the last day of the previous month, -1 is the day before that, etc. Values greater than the number of days in the relevant month reference the appropriate day in the following month(s). o $year - The year o $is_dst - Parameters always represent a GMT date so $is_dst doesn't influence the result. Note This parameter has been removed in PHP 7.0.0. RETURN VALUES
Returns a integer Unix timestamp. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 7.0.0 | | | | | | | $is_dst parameter has been removed. | | | | | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | As of PHP 5.1.0, the $is_dst parameter became | | | deprecated. As a result, the new timezone han- | | | dling features should be used instead. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 gmmktime(3) basic example <?php // Prints: July 1, 2000 is on a Saturday echo "July 1, 2000 is on a " . date("l", gmmktime(0, 0, 0, 7, 1, 2000)); ?> SEE ALSO
mktime(3), date(3), time(3). PHP Documentation Group GMMKTIME(3)