Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need output in one line and filter servers, which has account expired or password exipred Post 303039815 by Neo on Wednesday 16th of October 2019 04:31:06 AM
Old 10-16-2019
The password of users are stored as a cryptographic hash. Hence you cannot get the length of a users's password from the stored hash.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX Non Expired Password

Hi, I am into production support and handling some of the AIX servers. We are planning to have a user id on a AIX system with non-expired password. Now the question is that if I have a non expired password then I cannot do a interactive login to AIX machine ( i:e cannot do Telnet ,SSH etc)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhhuu
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prompting for account that expired

I have this problem. Two accounts in an aix. Account A expired and it would auto prompt for new password when the user failed to log in, but Account B would not prompt for the new password. Instead it will only display "your account is expired. Please contact your administrator". I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayyap
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Root account is expired

Hi all, I am using redhat linux version 9 .I am unable to login to the system and i am getting a warninig sorry root account is expired . How can i activate the account. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallesh
2 Replies

4. Solaris

expired root password

We have expiration set on the root password for 30 days. the only way to login as root remotley is login as another user and then su as root. I logged in to the machine today tried to su as root, and got the message password has expired, use passwd to change but i cant get in as root.. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

5. AIX

HMC User account expired - What now?

I've created an hmc user account for our developers and set a pawword expiry to 30 days. Trouble is when the password expires they are asked to change it in the WebSM gui but it returns an error "XXXX check log file /var/websm/data/....log" which doesn't exist. I've tried resetting the password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: backslash
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reactivate expired account in Linux as a root user

I am an administrator of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. Now one account expired. I wonder how to reactivate the account. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password expired

Hi When i try to login with my username/password i get the following message 'Password for user 'lmathew' has expired - use passwd(1) to update it' please let me know what to do Thanks in advane Ammu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Never Expired for root password

Never expired for root password Guy's I want to change the setting to keep the root password to be nerved expired! Please advice with the sitting! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 user account login expired

Hi everyone Please i need urgent help... I have installed solaris 11 using live media.. then i installed sunray.. every thing is fine.. but after system reboot i am unable to login on server on GUI it gives account expired error or some time authentication failed... but i can log in through... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amk
11 Replies
DOVEADM-PW(1)							      Dovecot							     DOVEADM-PW(1)

NAME
doveadm-pw - Dovecot's password hash generator SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] pw -l doveadm [-Dv] pw [-p password] [-r rounds] [-s scheme] [-u user] [-V] doveadm [-Dv] pw -t hash [-p password] [-u user] DESCRIPTION
doveadm pw is used to generate password hashes for different password schemes and optionally verify the generated hash. All generated password hashes have a {scheme} prefix, for example {SHA512-CRYPT.HEX}. All passdbs have a default scheme for passwords stored without the {scheme} prefix. The default scheme can be overridden by storing the password with the scheme prefix. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -l List all supported password schemes and exit successfully. There are up to three optional password schemes: BLF-CRYPT (Blowfish crypt), SHA256-CRYPT and SHA512-CRYPT. Their availability depends on the system's currently used libc. -p password The plain text password for which the hash should be generated. If no password was given doveadm(1) will prompt interactively for one. -r rounds The password schemes BLF-CRYPT, SHA256-CRYPT and SHA512-CRYPT supports a variable number of encryption rounds. The following table shows the minimum/maximum number of encryption rounds per scheme. When the -r option was omitted the default number of encryption rounds will be applied. Scheme | Minimum | Maximum | Default ---------------------------------------------- BLF-CRYPT | 4 | 31 | 5 SHA256-CRYPT | 1000 | 999999999 | 5000 SHA512-CRYPT | 1000 | 999999999 | 5000 -s scheme The password scheme which should be used to generate the hashed password. By default the CRAM-MD5 scheme will be used. It is also possible to append an encoding suffix to the scheme. Supported encoding suffixes are: .b64, .base64 and .hex. See also http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/PasswordSchemes for more details about password schemes. -t hash Test if the given password hash matches a given plain text password. The plain text password may be passed using the -p option. When no password was specified, doveadm(1) will prompt interactively for one. -u user When the DIGEST-MD5 scheme is used, also the user name must be given, because the user name is a part of the generated hash. For more information about Digest-MD5 please read also: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/Mechanisms/DigestMD5 -V When this option is given, the hashed password will be internally verified. The result of the verification will be shown after the hashed password, enclosed in parenthesis. EXAMPLE
The first password hash is a DIGEST-MD5 hash for jane.roe@example.com. The second password hash is a CRAM-MD5 hash for john.doe@exam- ple.com. doveadm pw -s digest-md5 -u jane.roe@example.com Enter new password: Retype new password: {DIGEST-MD5}9b9dcb4466233a9307bbc33708dffda0 doveadm pw Enter new password: Retype new password: {CRAM-MD5}913331d8782236a8ecba7764a63aa27b26437fd40ca878d887f11d81245c2c6b REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-08-17 DOVEADM-PW(1)