Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking for substring in a loop takes too long to complete. Post 303039766 by Peasant on Tuesday 15th of October 2019 03:16:28 AM
Old 10-15-2019
How long does ls -d "/app/scripts"/* last, how many files are inside ?

What are your operating system and shell details ?
With what options is the filesystem mounted ?

Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a process that takes too long

Hello, I have a C program that takes anywhere from 5 to 100 arguments and I'd like to run it from a script that makes sure it doesnt take too long to execute. If the C program takes more than 5 seconds to execute, i would like the shell script to kill it and return a short message to the user. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WeezelDs
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script takes long time to complete

Hi all, I wrote this shell script to validate filed numbers for input file. But it take forever to complete validation on a file. The average speed is like 9mins/MB. Can anyone tell me how to improve the performance of a shell script? Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzman
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time how long it takes to load a module

Hello, like the title says, how can i measure the time it takes to load a module in Linux, and how how can i measure the time it takes to load a statically compiled module. /Best Regards Olle ---------- Post updated at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:54 AM ---------- For... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollebanan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort takes a long time

Dear experts I have a 200MG text file in this format: text \tab number I try to sort using options -fd and it takes very long! is that normal or I can speed it up in some ways? I dont want to split the file since this one is already splitted. I use this command: sort -fd file >... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: voolek
12 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

database takes long time to process

Hi, we currently having a issue where when we send jobs to the server for the application lawson, it is taking a very long time to complete. here are the last few lines of the database log. 2012-09-18-10.35.55.707279-240 E244403536A576 LEVEL: Warning PID : 950492 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techy1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget takes a long time to complete

Hi, I wish to check the return value for wget $url. However, some urls are designed to take 45 minutes or more to return. All i need to check if the URL can be reached or not using wget. How can i get wget to return the value in a few seconds ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find command takes too long to complete

Hi, Below is my find command find /opt/app/websphere -name myfolder -perm -600 | wc -l At time it even takes 20 mins to complete. my OS is : SunOS mypc 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5440 (10 Replies)
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command takes long

Hi, I am trying to search for a Directory called "mont" under a directory path "/opt/app/var/dumps" Although "mont" is in the very parent directory called "dumps" i.e "/opt/app/var/dumps/mont" and it can never be inside any Sub-Directory of "dumps"; my below find command which also checks... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script takes too long to complete

Hi, I have a lengthy script which i have trimmed down for a test case as below. more run.sh #!/bin/bash paths="allpath.txt" while IFS= read -r loc do echo "Working on $loc" startdir=$loc find "$startdir" -type f \( ! -name "*.log*" ! -name "*.class*" \) -print | while read file do... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding largest files takes too long

Good evening. because the folder has thousand of files it takes too long and have some trouble to get the largest files and then compress files or delete it, for instance find . -size +10000000c -exec ls -ld {} \; |sort -k5n | grep -v .gz The above commad took an hour and i have to cancel... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
10 Replies
MOUNT_FILECORE(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 MOUNT_FILECORE(8)

NAME
mount_filecore -- mount a FILECORE file system SYNOPSIS
mount_filecore [-afnR] [-g gid] [-o options] [-u uid] special node ORIGIN
The NetBSD FILECORE filesystem is a read only implementation of the filecore file system found in Acorn Computers RISC OS operating system. This operating system is the ROM based operating system found on their ARM 6, ARM7 and StrongARM 110 based RiscPC machines that are supported by the arm32 port. Under RISC OS, filecore will have multiple instantiations for file systems on different block devices such as floppies, IDE discs, SCSI discs etc. and these frequently are considered to be different filesystems e.g. ADFS, IDEFS, SCSIFS etc. DESCRIPTION
The mount_filecore command attaches the FILECORE filesystem residing on the device special to the global filesystem namespace at the location indicated by node. Both special and node are converted to absolute paths before use. This command is normally executed by mount(8) at boot time, but can be used by any user to mount a FILECORE file system on any directory that they own (provided, of course, that they have appro- priate access to the device that contains the file system). The options are as follows: -a Give all files world access. -f Append the filetype to each filename. This option currently has no effect. -g gid Set the group of the files in the file system to gid. The default group is the group of the directory on which the file system is being mounted. -n Give all files owner access. -o options Use the specified mount options, as described in mount(8). -R Give all files owner read access. -u uid Set the owner of the files in the file system to uid. The default owner is the owner of the directory on which the file system is being mounted. SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), fstab(5), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_filecore utility first appeared in NetBSD 1.4. CAVEATS
The 'filecore' filesystem currently supports the Acorn filecore file system found on Acorn Computers RiscPC desktop machines with versions of RISC OS up to 3.70. BSD
June 25, 2004 BSD