Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup and Recovery
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Backup and Recovery Post 303039743 by engineer2002 on Monday 14th of October 2019 09:39:55 AM
Old 10-14-2019
Could you please guide me where I can find this procedure from the scratch.

I will be very thankful, I have to do because of as assignment. Kindly, please help me.
I have read somewhere it is the combination of two 02 commands
Tar and mtime.

I am getting confus.

Regards.
Rashid Hussain.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup recovery

i have taken a backup using cpio command. Now i want to retrieve the contents. Replies appreciated. raguram (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
2 Replies

2. AIX

TSM backup and recovery problem

When I use tsm command: archive -subdir=yes /dir1/ to backup file system: /dir1 After I delete the contents under /dir1 and recovery it from TSM backup, retrieve /dir1/ I found the link breaked. Such as: Before: ls -l lrwxrwxrwx 1 abc develop 8 Apr 28 16:04 bin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. Linux

Q: Backup and recovery in major corporations?

Hey guys, I hope this is the right place to post. As i'm not too sure where this question would go. The question is: How is backup and recovery carried out in major corporations. Even if you are not in a major corporation an answer would be great. I'm doing some research as to how it's carried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LibRid
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup and recovery options

Hi, Do we have any options in rsync to recover files from the backup? Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Redhat backup/recovery

Can you please let me know a clear step by step procedure link/doc for an effective full backup and recovery procedure for a Redhat server with 2.6.34.9-69.fc13.x86_64 ? Thanks in advance. I also have the same question for Ubuntu Enterprise 12.04 if you would ... thanks again (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmontr
0 Replies
BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)

NAME
       backup_deldump - Deletes a dump level from the Backup Database

SYNOPSIS
       backup deldump -dump <dump level name> [-localauth]
	   [-cell <cell name>] [-help]

backup deld -d <dump level name> [-l]
	   [-c <cell name>] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The backup deldump command deletes the indicated dump level and all of its child dump levels from the dump hierarchy in the Backup
       Database. Use the backup listdumps command to display the dump hierarchy.

OPTIONS
       -dump <dump level name>
	   Specifies the complete pathname of the dump level to delete.

-localauth
	   Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to
	   the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more
	   details, see backup(8).

-cell <cell name>
	   Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8).

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following command deletes the dump level "/sunday1/monday1" from the dump hierarchy, along with any of its child dump levels.

% backup deldump /sunday1/monday1

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged
       onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_adddump(8), backup_listdumps(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							 BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)