Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New 'member_project' tag with DarkGreen (was Magenta) Color Post 303039729 by wisecracker on Sunday 13th of October 2019 03:30:38 PM
Old 10-13-2019
Hi Neo...

Used it for the first time today, Sunday October 13th 2019.
It does catch the eye and the viewing numbers seem to accelerate over a short period.

Thanks for the changing of some of mine and giving us a different colour when answers are not required.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies
TZ(5)								File Formats Manual							     TZ(5)

NAME
TZ - Time zone environment variable SYNOPSIS
TZ=zone[-]offset[dst[offset][,start[/time],end[/time]]] DESCRIPTION
The TZ environment variable tells functions such as the ctime(3) family and programs like date what the time zone and daylight saving rule is. The value of TZ has the POSIX standardized form shown in the synopsis. This form specifies the zone names, offsets from GMT, and day- light savings changeover times for at least the current year. zone A three or more letter name for the time zone in normal (winter) time. [-]offset A signed time telling the offset of the time zone westwards from Greenwich. The time has the form hh[:mm[:ss]] with a one of two digit hour, and optional two digit minutes and seconds. dst The name of the time zone when daylight savings is in effect. It may be followed by an offset telling how big the clock correction is other than the default of 1 hour. start/time,end/time Specifies the start and end of the daylight savings period. The start and end fields indicate on what day the changeover occurs. They must be in one of the following formats: Jn The Julian day n (1 <= n <= 365) ignoring leap days, i.e. there is no February 29. n The zero-based Julian day (0 <= n <= 365). Leap days are not ignored. Mm.n.d This indicates month m, the n-th occurrence of day d (1 <= m <= 12, 1 <= n <= 5, 0 <= d <= 6, 0=Sunday). The 5-th occurrence means the last occurrence of that day in a month. So M4.1.0 is the first Sunday in April, M9.5.0 is the last Sunday in Septem- ber. The time field indicates the time the changeover occurs on the given day. EXAMPLES
Greenwich Mean Time: TZ=GMT0 Middle European Time, 1 hour east from Greenwich, daylight savings starts on the last Sunday in March at 2 AM and ends on the last Sunday in October at 3 AM: TZ='MET-1MET DST,M3.5.0/2,M10.5.0/3' British time, daylight savings starts and ends at the same moment as MET, but in an earlier time zone: TZ=GMT0BST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0/2 The eastern european time zones also have the changeovers at the same absolute time as British time and MET. U.S. Eastern Standard Time, 5 hours west from Greenwich, daylight savings starts on the first Sunday in April at 2 AM and ends on the last Sunday in October at 2 AM: TZ=EST5EDT,M4.1.0/2,M10.5.0/2 It shouldn't surprise you that daylight savings in New Zealand is observed in the months opposite from the previous examples. It starts on the first Sunday in October at 2 AM and ends on the third Sunday in March at 3 AM: TZ=NZST-12NZDT,M10.1.0/2,M3.3.0/3 SEE ALSO
readclock(8), date(1). BUGS
You may have noticed that many fields are optional. Do no omit them, because the defaults are bogus. If you need daylight savings then fully specify the changeovers. West is negative, east is positive, ask any sailor. AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) TZ(5)