Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Bash] passing variables to executable doesn't work Post 303039704 by Neo on Saturday 12th of October 2019 06:36:42 PM
Old 10-12-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi2k7
You can't reproduce the error, maybe you can improve the code that it should work then.
What does this (above) mean exactly?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash pattern matching echo *[! '/' ] doesn't work

without using ls, just using echo so purely pattern matching I can say echo */ <-- lists directories but how would I match files? surely something like *!/ or * but neither work ? it seems like there isn't much that I can put in but surely i should be able to put any ascii... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: james hanley
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cmds doesn't work in Bash shell . Plz help

Hi everyone, I have a Linux OS in my PC (older version 9). Its default shell is bash. Whenever I try to run some Perl program it throws error ! eg, if I run this simple PERL program , #!/usr/bin/perl printf "\lHello \n"; $var=3 ; printf $var; @list=(1,2,3); printf "@list";... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adc22
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd command doesn't work through variables

Hi.... cd command is not working when dual string drive/volume name is passed to cd through variables....... For Ex.... y=/Volumes/Backup\ vipin/ cd $y the above command gives error....... anyone with a genuine solution ? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinchauhan222
16 Replies

4. Ubuntu

set completion-ignore-case on doesn't work in bash

completion-ignore-case option doesn't work in my version: /home/user $ echo $BASH_VERSION 3.2.48(1)-release /home/user $ ls -l * -rw-r--r-- 1 user user 0 2009-10-18 00:09 somefile -rw-r--r-- 1 user user 0 2009-10-18 00:09 Somefile /home/user $ set completion-ignore-case on But when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work

I am writing perl script to configure Cisco device but Variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work and passed to device without resolving. Please advise. here is a sample of script: use Net::Telnet::Cisco; $device = "10.14.199.1"; ($o1, $o2, $o3, $o4) = split(/\./,$device);... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe to grep doesn't work in bash script

Hi, I'm trying to write a script that checks gvfs to see if a mount exists so I can run it from network-manager's status hooks. I thought I'd pipe the output of gvfs-mount -l to grep for the particular mounts I care about. When I do this in a bash script: cmnd="gvfs-mount -l | grep -i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcstrom
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why double quotation marks doesn't work in ksh function parameters passing?

I'm working on AIX 6, ksh shell. The parameters are some strings quotated by double quotation marks which from a file. They are quotated because there may be spaces in them. Example: "015607" "10" " " "A"I want to pass these parameters to a shell function by writing the following command: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shimmey
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync in bash script doesn't work even after placing pub key in target server

Hello Friends, My bash script is like this #!/bin/bash # request Bourne shell as shell for job #$ -S /bin/bash # assume current working directory as paths #$ -cwd #$ -N rsync-copy # # print date and time date rsync -rltD --progress "ssh -i /home/myname/.ssh/id_rsa"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash diff date doesn't work

Hi everyone, I've an issue trying to soustracte two dates, e.g: d1=$(date -d "Nov 18, 2017" +%s) d2=$(date +%s) # Today we are 2017-11-16 echo "$(( (d1 - d2) / 86400 ))" Output: 1 I don't understand why it doesn't work. for me, it should give "18 - 16 = 2". Much appreciated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
1 Replies
BASHBUG(1)							      bashbug								BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--help] [--version] [bug-report-email-addresses] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a utility for reporting bugs in Bash to the maintainers. bashbug will start up your preferred editor with a preformatted bug report template for you to fill in. Save the file and quit the editor once you have completed the missing fields. bashbug will notify you of any problems with the report and ask for confirmation before sending it. By default the bug report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. The recipients can be changed by giving a comma separated list of bug-report-email-addresses. If you invoke bashbug by accident, just quit your editor. You will always be asked for confirmation before a bug report is sent. OPTIONS
--help Show a brief usage message and exit. --version Show the version of bashbug and exit. bug-report-email-addresses Comma separated list of recipients' email addresses. By default the report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. ENVIRONMENT
DEFEDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report. EDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report (overridden by DEFEDITOR). SEE ALSO
bash(1), reportbug(1), update-alternatives(8) for preferred editor. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christer Andersson <klamm@comhem.se> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). GNU Bash 3.1 11 December 2007 BASHBUG(1)