Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New 'member_project' tag with DarkGreen (was Magenta) Color Post 303039655 by wisecracker on Friday 11th of October 2019 05:45:32 AM
Old 10-11-2019
Hi Neo...
Thanks for the comments...
I hadn't even thought about it. I only do these tasks because when searching there are SOOO many people asking for solutions to problems like these.
I really love it when one of our big guns modify the ideas to make them better, the GOTO fun project is but one.
I don't look at the subtleties like the pros' do as I am more interested in solving them, usually relatively naively.
The PURE ksh[93] DFT is a prime example on here too, boy did I learn a lot from Corona688 there.
They are mainly for the AMIGA because we don't have these luxuries on that platform. My next challenge for a POSIX shell is a DWT, (Discrete Wavelet Transform), already done for AMIGA Python 1.4.0 right up to current 3.8.0 on any platform because 'pywt' was not even around for the AMIGA. We don't have 'numpy' or 'scipy' or any others so I do these primarily for that machine.
I love the idea of a vivid colour like MAGENTA because if a problem is searched for and the researcher is pointed to here it catches one's eye. It only needs to plant the idea to the researcher and, (if bright enough), [s]he should be able to do the rest.

I will add to this thread a simple idea for find the SQRT of a pseudo-floating point number and its limitations.
I not bothering with complex number solutions as no genius is required for that modification, especially after I have mentioned how to do it.

And to finish, a great idea.

Bazza...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)