Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is $(NF) means?
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers What is $(NF) means? Post 303039633 by RudiC on Thursday 10th of October 2019 05:40:23 PM
Old 10-10-2019
Yes, in your above example it will print alpha and beta, but in general, it will print the before-last field.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what it means?

I have a command called cd $HDRROOT/release/tools/cfg My query is what it means? tHat is.... $HDRROOT part is not clear. If I put this command it says path not found.... I doubt that $HDRROOT is trying to mean smething I am not clear of. PL help......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone tell me what this means..???

I found a file in my base folder width the name replace.sh and width the text string. sed -i "s/$1/$2/g" `grep -ir $1 ./*|grep -v '.svn'|cut -d: -f1` Wat does it mean and what does it do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samarn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

$$ means?

hey, what's $$varname in a script? I used to see $varname only. search on google didn't help. thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you tell me what this means?

Can you please tell me what this means? use grep to find from the file myfile.txt all lines containing the sequence tt but not more 2 ts? I have no idea. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushhour
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what does $#,$* means

:) Hi, In some script i got these regular expression like , n=$# and for i in $* can anybody let me know, what does it means (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deb.simply
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What means %U

I can not find out what the %U means in the following command: ooffice -calc %U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

!! what is this means

I have a script like select * from table !! what those exclamation marks mean (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does . means?

Hi, I have seen in some ksh script, that we are executing shell scripts inside other shell script as . variable.sh What is . here? Their is space between . and variabloe. And why we are not executing it like ./variable.sh? I know that . signifies current directory , but what its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatanig
2 Replies

9. Programming

What does it means?

#define abc '\xE8' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh33
7 Replies
clagtm.f(3)							      LAPACK							       clagtm.f(3)

NAME
clagtm.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine clagtm (TRANS, N, NRHS, ALPHA, DL, D, DU, X, LDX, BETA, B, LDB) CLAGTM Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine clagtm (characterTRANS, integerN, integerNRHS, realALPHA, complex, dimension( * )DL, complex, dimension( * )D, complex, dimension( * )DU, complex, dimension( ldx, * )X, integerLDX, realBETA, complex, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB) CLAGTM Purpose: CLAGTM performs a matrix-vector product of the form B := alpha * A * X + beta * B where A is a tridiagonal matrix of order N, B and X are N by NRHS matrices, and alpha and beta are real scalars, each of which may be 0., 1., or -1. Parameters: TRANS TRANS is CHARACTER*1 Specifies the operation applied to A. = 'N': No transpose, B := alpha * A * X + beta * B = 'T': Transpose, B := alpha * A**T * X + beta * B = 'C': Conjugate transpose, B := alpha * A**H * X + beta * B N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices X and B. ALPHA ALPHA is REAL The scalar alpha. ALPHA must be 0., 1., or -1.; otherwise, it is assumed to be 0. DL DL is COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) sub-diagonal elements of T. D D is COMPLEX array, dimension (N) The diagonal elements of T. DU DU is COMPLEX array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) super-diagonal elements of T. X X is COMPLEX array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) The N by NRHS matrix X. LDX LDX is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(N,1). BETA BETA is REAL The scalar beta. BETA must be 0., 1., or -1.; otherwise, it is assumed to be 1. B B is COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the N by NRHS matrix B. On exit, B is overwritten by the matrix expression B := alpha * A * X + beta * B. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(N,1). Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 145 of file clagtm.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 clagtm.f(3)