Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers File manipulation place 0 before the number using sed Post 303039597 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 10th of October 2019 03:50:54 AM
Old 10-10-2019
Hello akopocpoypoy,

Could you please try following.
Code:
awk '
{
  while(match($0,/Oct [0-9]+/)){
    val=sprintf("%s %02d",substr($0,RSTART,4),substr($0,RSTART+3,RLENGTH-3))
    sub(/Oct [0-9]+/,val)
  }
}
'  Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file name Manipulation using sed

Hi, I have a file name, for which I want to strip out the first bit and leave the rest... So I want to take the file name .lockfile-filename.10001 ,strip it and have only filename.10001 ... Thanking you all inadvance, Zak (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Place number with awk

Hello, if I've a list of number 23 34 56 78 how I can place a sequence of ordinated number in a boundary column so 1 23 2 34 3 56 4 78 Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv313x
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a number from file and place it back

Hi All, I want to read one number from the file. Only one number will be there in the file. then i have to increment the number in my script and put it back in the same file. Is it possible? Can anybody help me? Thanks, Vinay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayakatj56
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation with AWK and SED

Hello How do i check that correct input files are used while using AWk and SED for file manipulation? e.g awk '/bin/ {print $0 }' shell.txt sed 's/hp/samsung/' printers.txt how do i ensure that the correct input files I am working with are used? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED/AWK file read & manipulation

I have large number of data files, close to 300 files, lets say all files are same kind and have extension .dat , each file have mulitple lines in it. There is a unique line in each file containing string 'SERVER'. Right after this line there is another line which contain a string 'DIGIT=0',... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sal_tx
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

setter and getter functions for file manipulation with sed

Hi, I would really appreciate some help, I couldn't nail my problem: I would like to create some setter and getter functions to make my life easier. my sample file contains: keyword - some tabs - value - semicolon number 12.1; float .3; double 12; real 12.2324; stuff .234; decimal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toorop
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with number field manipulation

I have a comma separated file containing numbers, I would like to read the file and divide each number by 1024 and create an output file. Input file : 50312.00,3434.05, ,3433.34,124344.00,434343.00, , , Output file: 49.13,3.35,3.35,0,12.05,424.16,0,0 Please click this link: How to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inditopgun
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use GREP to count number of records and place it in a variable

I am trying to count the number of records from different files using grep, and then place the result in a separate variable for each file, so at the end of my shell script, I can sum all the variables and check if the number of records are equal to what I was expecting. It is weird butwc -ldoes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed flat file manipulation

Hello, I have a large flat file where i need to change data in columns 131-133 based on what is in columns 172-173. I am not sure if I need to read the file line by line and make the change or if I can do this in a single statement. thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gblmin
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zero padding a Number before and after a decimal place

Hi I was hoping someone could help me with a sed script I am trying to write? I am on a Mac running ElCapitan I have some text that I have converted from a pdf that I want to format into an xml file. In the file I have managed to delete all the text I do not need. The text I have left is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
8 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with 'nwbpvalues -c'. See util/nwbpsecurity for an example. As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)