Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to simulate column command in Solaris? Post 303039586 by Neo on Thursday 10th of October 2019 12:50:01 AM
Old 10-10-2019
You should post the contents of your original data (in the file below):

Code:
/tmp/x.txt

... if you need expert help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Simulate 'try again' case

Hi, I was searching thro the topic and could not find a thread which zeroes in on the case i'm trying to simulate. Basically I have a need to simulate DNS Try again cases, without bringing the dns_sever down (by manipulating the entries in /etc/resolv.conf under 'nameserver' tag). I am so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasan_85
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie: Simulate unix on my pc

Hi, i am new with unix. Just came back from a course, unix basics for aix. So for me to practice, i want to install a simulation program for unix om my Windows Xp pc. Dual boot must it be. Does anybody have a suggestion for this dummy??? Thnx! Paul (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welbp00
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Simulate CRON job

Does anyone know how I can simulate a cron job execution via UNIX scripting or is there a command/tool that simulate this? I have a file I called "appSchedule.txt", it contains below lines: 00 03 * * 1-6 RED start 00 06 * * 0 RED start 00 21 * * * RED stop 00 03 * * 1-6 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Orbix
1 Replies

4. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

command for converting 4 column data to 1 column

dear friends I want to convert four column data to one column data. For example: from 1, 2, 3, 4 5, 6, 7, 8to 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8what is the general command for that type of convertion. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to print only selected rows in a particular column specified by column name

Dear All, I have a data file input.csv like below. (Only five column shown here for example.) Data1,StepNo,Data2,Data3,Data4 2,1,3,4,5 3,1,5,6,7 3,2,4,5,6 5,3,5,5,6 From this I want the below output Data1,StepNo,Data2,Data3,Data4 2,1,3,4,5 3,1,5,6,7 where the second column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort command in one column and not effect to another column

If my data is numerical : 1 = 101 2 = 102 3 = 104 4 = 104 7 = 103 8 = 103 9 = 105 I need the result like below: 1 = 101 2 = 102 3 = 103 4 = 103 7 = 104 8 = 104 9 = 105 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GeodusT
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Simulate Storage

Hello, I wanted to simulate SAN on my VMware PLayer running RHEL. Is there any tool that can be used to simulate storage setup for learning/testing? THanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ikn3
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simulate enter key

I have a popup window that appears on every boot up. I would like to have it dismissed automatically each time instead of having to hit the enter key. I thought I could write a script that would execute on startup. I tried this xdotool key return andy@7_~/Downloads$ xdotool key ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)