Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX IBM TDS/SDS (LDAP) - can I mix endianness among servers in an instance ? Post 303039513 by maraixadm on Tuesday 8th of October 2019 02:55:13 PM
Old 10-08-2019
Smilie yep. I figured if someone has blazed this trail before I'd sponge off their work. I'll update here with results.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX 10.2 servers interoperability with IBM mass storage devices

Does anyone have succesfully interconnected HP-UX 10.2 HP 9000 K370 servers with A6885A HBA's, with an IBM Fastt storage server? I need to replace integrate both platforms. Interoperability matrices from manufacturers do not certified such integration. Thanks for anybody's help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raltmannr
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is no LDAP unusual for 40+ solaris servers?

I am the new jr admin on a solaris team (2 people). We have over 40 solaris servers (v8 and v9) yet no LDAP to manage it all. Is this unusual? So, if we need to add a new user, we have to add him 40x. Thanks in advance ~R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abstractrick
1 Replies

3. AIX

IBM Servers Documentation

Hello dear friends, I wanrt to document our servers configuration but have no Idea which softweare should I use for documenting server environment.. maybe anyone can suggest me which software should I use.. thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. AIX

executable problems with shell script in IBM servers

We have a java stand alone application running currently on sun Solaris system. The java application runs on Jdk 1.4. We are reshooting this java application to new Ibm servers. There are 10 unix scripts for this application. All scripts works well except one shell script, This shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poojagupta
2 Replies

5. AIX

Mix LDAP and LOCAL user on AIX

Hello, I'm currently trying to mix local and LDAP users on an AIX 7.1. I've triied many things. My LDAP Server in on a CentOS - OpenLDAP (which works fine with linux). I'm currently stuck on AIX at how to declare LDAP AND Local users. Here's what i did : /usr/sbin/mksecldap -c -h 'ldap03'... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_user_324891
15 Replies
audtrail(1m)															      audtrail(1m)

NAME
audtrail - A dcecp object that converts the audit trail into a readable format SYNOPSIS
audtrail help [operation | -verbose] audtrail operations audtrail show audit_trail_file_name_list [-to filename] ARGUMENTS
A list of one or more names of audit trail files. The names are not the full pathnames, but only the residual file name. The name of the audtrail operation for which to display help information. DESCRIPTION
The audtrail object represents an audit trail file. This command currently supports only one operation, which converts the audit trail into a human readable format. OPERATIONS
audtrail help Returns help information about the audtrail object and its operations. The syntax is as follows: audtrail help [operation | -verbose] Options Displays information about the audtrail object. Used without an argument or option, the audtrail help command returns brief information about each audtrail operation. The optional opera- tion argument is the name of an operation about which you want detailed information. Alternatively, you can use the -verbose option for more detailed information about the audtrail object itself. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the audtrail help command. Examples dcecp> audtrail help show Returns or files the contents of an audit trail file. help Prints a summary of command-line options. operations Returns a list of the valid operations for this command. dcecp> audtrail operations Returns a list of the operations supported by the audtrail object. The syntax is as follows: audtrail operations The list of available operations is in alphabetical order except for help and operations, which are listed last. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the audtrail operations command. Examples dcecp> audtrail operations show help operations dcecp> audtrail show Returns the audit trail in a readable format. The syntax is as follows: audtrail show audit_trail_file_name_list [-to filename] Options Specifies the name of the file in which to store the audit trail output. The show operation returns the audit trail in a readable format. This command takes as an argument a list of names of audit trail files. If more than one name is given, the output of each audit trail is concatenated and a blank line inserted between audit trails. The -to option specifies a destination filename for the trail. If this option is not present, the trail is returned from the command. If the option is present, this operation returns an empty string. Because audit trail files can grow quite large, using the -to switch is strongly recommended to avoid reading the entire trail into memory. Note that when dcecp processes output, it sends the entire set of returned information to an internal buffer before displaying it. There- fore, when the output is directed to the screen, it can take a long time to appear. Privileges Required You must have r (read) permission on the audit trail file on the local file system. Examples dcecp> audtrail show my_trail --- Start of an event record --- Event Number: 259 Client: /.../stp.gburg.ibm.com/hosts/drinkernisti/self Event Outcome: success Authorization Status: Authorized with a pac Local Time: 1993-12-19-19:02:27.037-05:00I----- --- End of an event record --- . . . --- Start of an event record --- Event Number: 266 Client: /.../stp.gburg.ibm.com/hosts/drinkernisti/self Event Out- come: success Authorization Status: Authorized with a pac Local Time: 1993-12-19-19:02:28.819-05:00I----- --- End of an event record --- dcecp> RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: auditd(1m), dcecp(1m), dcecp_aud(1m), dcecp_audevents(1m), dcecp_audfilter(1m). Files: aud_audit_events(5), dts_audit_events(5), event_class(5), sec_audit_events(5). audtrail(1m)