Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX IBM TDS/SDS (LDAP) - can I mix endianness among servers in an instance ? Post 303039513 by maraixadm on Tuesday 8th of October 2019 02:55:13 PM
Old 10-08-2019
Smilie yep. I figured if someone has blazed this trail before I'd sponge off their work. I'll update here with results.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX 10.2 servers interoperability with IBM mass storage devices

Does anyone have succesfully interconnected HP-UX 10.2 HP 9000 K370 servers with A6885A HBA's, with an IBM Fastt storage server? I need to replace integrate both platforms. Interoperability matrices from manufacturers do not certified such integration. Thanks for anybody's help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raltmannr
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is no LDAP unusual for 40+ solaris servers?

I am the new jr admin on a solaris team (2 people). We have over 40 solaris servers (v8 and v9) yet no LDAP to manage it all. Is this unusual? So, if we need to add a new user, we have to add him 40x. Thanks in advance ~R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abstractrick
1 Replies

3. AIX

IBM Servers Documentation

Hello dear friends, I wanrt to document our servers configuration but have no Idea which softweare should I use for documenting server environment.. maybe anyone can suggest me which software should I use.. thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. AIX

executable problems with shell script in IBM servers

We have a java stand alone application running currently on sun Solaris system. The java application runs on Jdk 1.4. We are reshooting this java application to new Ibm servers. There are 10 unix scripts for this application. All scripts works well except one shell script, This shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poojagupta
2 Replies

5. AIX

Mix LDAP and LOCAL user on AIX

Hello, I'm currently trying to mix local and LDAP users on an AIX 7.1. I've triied many things. My LDAP Server in on a CentOS - OpenLDAP (which works fine with linux). I'm currently stuck on AIX at how to declare LDAP AND Local users. Here's what i did : /usr/sbin/mksecldap -c -h 'ldap03'... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_user_324891
15 Replies
tsql(1) 							 FreeTDS Utilities							   tsql(1)

NAME
tsql - utility to test FreeTDS connections and queries SYNOPSIS
tsql { -S servername [-I interface] | -H hostname -p port } -U username [-P password] [-o options] tsql -C DESCRIPTION
tsql is a diagnostic tool provided as part of FreeTDS. It uses the TDS protocol directly to connect to Sybase or Microsoft SQL Servers, and allows the user to issue queries that test the capabilities of FreeTDS. tsql is *not* a replacement for a complete isql, such as sqsh (www.sqsh.org). It is designed to rely on the lowest level FreeTDS library, tdslib, as a way to isolate potential bugs in the protocol implementation. tsql can be run in two ways, one which uses the freetds.conf and one which connects directly using the server's hostname and port. When -S is used, FreeTDS uses the freetds.conf (or equivalent) and environment variables in the normal way to determine the server's ip address and port. You can use -I to specify a filename, overriding FreeTDS's configuration file search algorithm. The -H and -p parameters are provided especially for troubleshooting new configurations (or servers). Use of these parameters causes FreeTDS to ignore any freetds.conf and environment variables. OPTIONS
-S servername the Database Server to which to connect. -I interface a freetds.conf or interfaces file describing servername -H hostname the DNS hostname of the server -p port the port at which SQL Server is listening -U username database login name. If username is not provided, a domain login is attempted for TDS 7+ connections. -P password database password. -L list server "instances" (with -H) -C prints some of the compile-time configuration parameters. -o options apply the options specified to every command. f No footer [result count] h No header [titles] t Print time v Print version q Quiet NOTES
Typing "exit", "quit", or "bye" (or ^D) exits tsql. Typing "version" displays the TDS protocol version. Command batches may be separated with "go" or "GO". If "GO", the version string is reported before executing the batch. After prompting for the password, tsql will attempt to connect to the remote server. tsql displays a counter indicating the number of seconds that it is attempting to connect. Typically, tsql should immediately respond with a '1>' prompt. If you see the counter (1, 2, 3, ...), most likely tsql is unable to connect to the indicated server. If you can connect with "tsql -S servername", your basic FreeTDS installation is working. If you have suggestions for ways to make tsql more useful as a diagnostic tool, please recommend them to the FreeTDS mailing list for con- sideration. HISTORY
tsql first appeared in FreeTDS 0.60. AUTHORS
The tsql utility was written by Brian Bruns. BUGS
Several, to be sure, now that it's documented. :) doc 13 November 2011 tsql(1)