Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Changing single path NIC to a teamed connection in same subnet Post 303039505 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 8th of October 2019 08:30:45 AM
Old 10-08-2019
This appears to be a conflict between the server and the network switches all along. We have redefined them as LACP balanced connections and later the network team have done the same to the switch ports. This broke everything because there was still the default route going out on the old card which had been configured by the network team to be in the team. I removed the default route from that port and hey-presto, I've got on to the new IP address properly with data being returned so a proper connection could be established.

I have then reconfigured the now redundant link to be part of the team and restarted the network services. I now have multiple LACP balanced active links.

For anyone else who may find this thread, I have two cards with four ports, so eight possible eno interfaces. Only 1, 2, 5 & 6 are cabled, so the full commands I used to bond them all together are:-
Code:
nmcli con add type team con-name team0 ifname team0 config '{"runner": {"name": "loadbalance", "tx_hash": ["eth", "ipv4", "ipv6"], "tx_balancer": {"name": "basic"} } }'
nmcli con mod team0 ipv4.addresses '10.102.16.13/24' ipv4.method manual
nmcli con add type team-slave ifname eno2 con-name team0-eno2 master team0
nmcli con add type team-slave ifname eno5 con-name team0-eno5 master team0
nmcli con add type team-slave ifname eno6 con-name team0-eno6 master team0

A new MAC address is created for the team and each bonded interface gets the same MAC address.

After the original connection was redundant, I added it to the group with this command and this edit:-
Code:
nmcli con add type team-slave ifname eno1 con-name team0-eno1 master team0
sed -i 's/ONBOOT="yes"/ONBOOT="no"/'  /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eno1

Verification commands:
Code:
ip ad s
teamdctl team0 state                        (and variations from this)
nmcli -p
ethtool -S eno1                             (or eno2, eno5 & eno6)

I hope that this is useful to someone, but at least I have it documented for myself too! Smilie

Kind regards,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DHCPD, Multiple interfaces, Single Subnet

I have an OpenBSD 3.7 firewall with five network interfaces on it, one of which is connected to the Internet. I'd like to use the remaining four interfaces as a network switch for a single internal subnet. The main problem I have is that the DHCP daemon doesn't like multiple interfaces matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

changing the subnet mask permanently

I understand how to change the ip address permanently however, I need to also make a permanent change to the subnet mask. How would I accomplish this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnparksjr
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

Migrating existing Subnet to a new subnet and changing ip addresses in UNIX

Hi, My project needs to migrate the existing Subnet (255.255.255.0) to a new subnet and change the ipaddresses (currently C class). How can I do that. I need some information. John (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmarsh
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Need help in changing the subnet mask

Hi, I have a task to edit the subnet mask in almost 100+ solaris servers.Few of the servers are configured with IPMP.There will be no change of IP address or default gateway.If its a single IP we can bring NIC down,change the subnet mask in /etc/netmasks,then bring the NIC back to normal.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajip23
3 Replies

5. AIX

Changing subnet mask for a NIM Network.

I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I did search for this answer prior to posting but no luck. Running an AIX NIM Master at 5.3TL9SP4, with about 100 clients. The subnet of one of the networks defined in the NIM env has changed. When I go to Manage Networks, Change/Show... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Changing the subnet mask on solaris 10

Hello, can anyone help me with the command to change the subnet mask on solaris 10? The mask is currently 255.255.255.255 I will like to change it to 255.255.2555.0. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 2nd nic for different subnet

I have a Solaris 11 machine with 2 network cables attached. The first one is the default route and is working okay. I am trying to activate the second on another subnet, but am sure missing something. The first one is on 10.30.128. and with it everything works fine, but when I try to add the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 2nd nic for different subnet

posted this on the other sub-forum https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/246504-solaris-11-2nd-nic-different-subnet.html apologies if linking is not appropriate Thanks for your help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
0 Replies

9. AIX

Changing VLAN on AIX lpars in the same subnet

Hi Guys, Our lpars is currently running on 2 different vlans (20, 30). Now we have a requirement that vlan 30 needs to be change to vlan 31 at the same subnet. I'm not sure on what is the best approach for this or what change is involve on the AIX side. This is our setup. Network switch -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaelu26
5 Replies

10. Linux

Add two different subnet public IPs to single NIC or two different NIC on same box

Hello Admins, My ask is how can I add two different subnet IPs to same box with two different gateways? The issue is I can connect to the box when I am on ethernet LAN, but I am not able to connect to the same IP when I am on wifi. The server is RHEL 7 VM on vmware. How can I get connected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies
TNAT64.CONF(5)							File Formats Manual						    TNAT64.CONF(5)

NAME
tnat64.conf - configuration file for tnat64(8) OVERVIEW
The configuration for tnat64 can be anything from two lines to hundreds of lines based on the needs at any particular site. The basic idea is to define any networks the machine can access directly via IPv4 and define one or many NAT64 prefixes to be used to access other net- works (including a 'default' prefix). Local networks are declared using the 'local' keyword in the configuration file. When applications attempt to connect to machines in net- works marked as local tnat64 will not attempt to use a NAT64 prefix. Obviously if a connection is not to a locally accessible network it will need to be proxied over a NAT64. However, sometimes you may need to use different NAT64 prefixes to access different internal (and external) networks. For this reason the configuration file allows the definition of 'paths' as well as a default NAT64 prefix. Paths are declared as blocks in the configuration file. That is, they begin with a 'path {' line in the configuration file and end with a '}' line. Inside this block directives should be used to declare a NAT64 proxy (as documented later in this manual page) and 'subnet' directives should be used to declare networks and even destination ports in those networks that this server should be used to reach. Please note that each path MUST define a NAT64 prefix and contain one or more 'subnet' directives. NAT64 prefix declaration directives that are not contained within a 'path' block define the default NAT64 prefix. If tnat64 needs to con- nect to a machine via a NAT64 (i.e it isn't a network declared as 'local') and no 'path' has declared it can reach that network via a 'sub- net' directive, this NAT64 prefix is used to construct IPv6 addresses. CONFIGURATION SYNTAX
The basic structure of all lines in the configuration file is: <directive> = <parameters> The exception to this is 'path' blocks which look like: path { <directive> = <parameters> } Empty lines are ignored and all input on a line after a '#' character is ignored. DIRECTIVES The following directives are used in the tnat64 configuration file: nat64_prefix The prefix of IPv6 address of the NAT64 (e.g. "nat64_prefix = 64:ff9b::"). Only one NAT64 prefix may be specified per path block, or one outside a path block (to define the default NAT64 prefix). The NAT64 prefix is always /96. local An IP/subnet pair specifying a network which may be accessed directly without proxying through NAT64 (e.g "local = 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0"). subnet This directive is only valid inside a path block. Its parameter is formed as IP[:startport[-endport]]/subnet and it specifies a net- work (and a range of ports on that network) that can be accessed by through NAT64 specified in this path block. For example, in a path block "subnet = 150.0.0.0:80-1024/255.0.0.0" indicates to tnat64 that the NAT64 prefix specified in the current path block should be used to access any IPs in the range 150.0.0.0 to 150.255.255.255 when the connection request is for ports 80-1024. UTILITIES
tnat64 comes with two utilities that can be useful in creating and verifying the tnat64 configuration file. tnat64-validateconf tnat64-validateconf can be used to verify the configuration file. It checks the format of the file and also the contents for errors. Having read the file it dumps the configuration to the screen in a formatted, readable manner. This can be extremely useful in debugging problems. tnat64-validateconf can read a configuration file from a location other than the location specified at compile time with the -f <filename> command line option. Normally tnat64-validateconf simply dumps the configuration read to the screen (in a nicely readable format), however it also has a useful 'test' mode. When passed a hostname/ip on the command line like -t <hostname/ip>, tnat64-validateconf determines which of the NAT64 prefixes specified in the configuration file would be used by tnat64 to access the specified host. SEE ALSO
tnat64(8) AUTHORS
Andrew O. Shadura (bugzilla@tut.by), Shaun Clowes (delius@progsoc.uts.edu.au) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2011 Andrew O. Shadura Original tsocks manual page, copyright 2000 Shaun Clowes tnat64 and its documentation may be freely copied under the terms and conditions of version 2 of the GNU General Public License, as pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America). This documentation is heavily based on the documentation for tsocks, transparent SOCKSification library, whose documentation itself is based on the documentation for logwrites, another shared library interceptor. One line of code from it was used in tnat64 and a lot of the documentation :) logwrites is by adam@yggdrasil.com (Adam J. Richter) and can be had from ftp.yggdrasil.com pub/dist/pkg TNAT64 TNAT64.CONF(5)