Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Xargs and rsync not sending all files Post 303039498 by DougyC on Tuesday 8th of October 2019 06:13:33 AM
Old 10-08-2019
Hi,

Thanks for testing. I've also tried running the script just copying files locally and it seems to work ok. The issue only seems to be with sending to the remote server.

Anyone know why that might be?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

MV files with xargs or -exec

Hi I need to move multiple (say 10 files) from one location to another location. My selection would be like this... ls -ltr *.arc | head ---> Need to move top 10 files with single command without iterating in loop. I know we can move files like this with find command but not sure if I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with xargs to rm found files

I believe what is happening is rm is executing in the script on every directory and on failure of the first it stops although returns status 0. find $HOME -name /directory/filename | xargs -l rm This is the code I use but file remains. I am using sun solaris system which has way limited... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ebodee
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

move files using xargs

Hi, I have many files like below in my currect dir test1.me test2.me test3.me I wanted them to rename without .me extention I tried below find . -name "*.me" | xargs -i mv {} `echo {} | sed 's/\.me//'` It thorws error that cant mv ./test1.me to ./test1.me as they are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilmenhdiratt
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help using find/xargs to apply mp3gain to files

I need to apply mp3gain (album mode) to all mp3 files in a given directory. Each album is in its own directory under /media/data/music/albums for example: /media/data/music/albums/foo /media/data/music/albums/bar /media/data/music/albums/more What needs to happen is: cd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: audiophile
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fast processing(mv command) of 1 million+ files using find, mv and xargs

Hi, I'd like to ask if anybody can help improve my code to move 1 million+ files from a directory to another: find /source/dir -name file* -type f | xargs -I '{}' mv {} /destination/dir I learned this line of code from this forum as well and it works fine. However, file movement is kinda... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentgrecko
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files from one location to another using xargs??

Hello Experts, I need to copy files from one location to another using xargs. Tried something like this (In Ubuntu & Solaris ). mkdir -p 1234; find /home/emd/Desktop/n007/M007/ -type f -name "A2014*" | xargs -0 cp -r {} /home/emd/Desktop/1234 But every time i run this, a weird error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saidul
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete directories and files with xargs?

Hello, i have an dynamical apache_cache that I need to clean all days (older tant one day) with an unix command : find /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/apache_cache/ -name '*' -mtime +1 -print0|xargs -0 rm -r -- but it didn't work. Could you explain me why. So I will put below all my script :... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using rsync with xargs

I want to run parallelise rsync with xargs. The plan is to take separate directories and run rsync in parallel. find . -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 print0 | xargs -n1 -P0 rsync -avz Hoxever I am stuck on how to use rsync in this way ---------- Post updated at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux command rsync sending files incrementally

Please, i have a question about rsync command: Here is the command that i have used in my script: rsync -ratlz --rsh="/usr/bin/sshpass ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no" -aAXHltzh --progress --numeric-ids --devices --rsync-path="rsync" $1 $hostname:$1 using this command, i can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs to call python executable to process multiple bam files

I am running the below loop that to process the 3 bam files (which isn't always the case). A .py executable is then called using | xargs sh to further process. If I just run it with echo the output is fine and expected, however when | xargs sh is added I get the error. I tried adding | xargs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
librsync(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       librsync(3)

NAME
librsync - library for delta compression of streams SYNOPSYS
#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <librsync.h> cc ... -lrsync DESCRIPTION
The librsync library implements network delta-compression of streams and files. The algorithm is similar to that used in the rsync(1) and xdelta(2) programs, but specialized for transfer of arbitrary-length octet streams. Unlike most diff programs, librsync does not require access to both of the files on the same machine, but rather only a short ``signature'' of the old file and the complete contents of the new file. The canonical use of librsync is in the rproxy(8) reference implementation of the rsync proposed extension to HTTP. It may be useful to other programs which wish to do delta-compression in HTTP, or within their own protocol. There are HTTP-specific utility functions within librsync, but they need not be used. A number of tools such as rdiff(1) provide command-line and scriptable access to rsync functions. SEE ALSO
rdiff(1) rdiff and librsync Manual http://rproxy.sourceforge.net/. draft-pool-rsync BUGS
The rsync protocol is still evolving. There may be bugs in the implementation. The interface may change in the future, but it is becoming more stable. Many routines will panic in case of error rather than returning an error code to the caller. Patches to fix this are welcome, but at the current state of development aborting seems as useful as trusting to possibly-incomplete checking in the client. AUTHOR
Martin Pool <mbp@samba.org>, with Andrew Tridgell <tridge@samba.org>. rdiff development has been supported by Linuxcare, Inc and VA Linux Systems. Martin Pool $Date: 2003/06/12 06:03:32 $ librsync(3)