Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX IBM TDS/SDS (LDAP) - can I mix endianness among servers in an instance ? Post 303039491 by Neo on Tuesday 8th of October 2019 12:29:02 AM
Old 10-08-2019
Why not just set up a test bed and give it a try?

That's the easiest way (when in doubt and the docs are not clear). Set up a non-production test bed and try it out.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX 10.2 servers interoperability with IBM mass storage devices

Does anyone have succesfully interconnected HP-UX 10.2 HP 9000 K370 servers with A6885A HBA's, with an IBM Fastt storage server? I need to replace integrate both platforms. Interoperability matrices from manufacturers do not certified such integration. Thanks for anybody's help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raltmannr
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is no LDAP unusual for 40+ solaris servers?

I am the new jr admin on a solaris team (2 people). We have over 40 solaris servers (v8 and v9) yet no LDAP to manage it all. Is this unusual? So, if we need to add a new user, we have to add him 40x. Thanks in advance ~R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abstractrick
1 Replies

3. AIX

IBM Servers Documentation

Hello dear friends, I wanrt to document our servers configuration but have no Idea which softweare should I use for documenting server environment.. maybe anyone can suggest me which software should I use.. thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. AIX

executable problems with shell script in IBM servers

We have a java stand alone application running currently on sun Solaris system. The java application runs on Jdk 1.4. We are reshooting this java application to new Ibm servers. There are 10 unix scripts for this application. All scripts works well except one shell script, This shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poojagupta
2 Replies

5. AIX

Mix LDAP and LOCAL user on AIX

Hello, I'm currently trying to mix local and LDAP users on an AIX 7.1. I've triied many things. My LDAP Server in on a CentOS - OpenLDAP (which works fine with linux). I'm currently stuck on AIX at how to declare LDAP AND Local users. Here's what i did : /usr/sbin/mksecldap -c -h 'ldap03'... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_user_324891
15 Replies
SETUP-DS.PL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    SETUP-DS.PL(8)

NAME
setup-ds.pl - Set up an instance of Directory Server SYNOPSIS
setup-ds.pl [--options] -- [args] DESCRIPTION
Set up a Directory Server instance. Creates the configuration files for an instance of Directory Server based on a few parameters like the hostname, port number, and directory manager information. Can be run in interactive mode with different levels of verbosity, or in silent mode with parameters supplied in a .inf format file or on the command line. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: --help This message --version Print the version and exit --debug Turn on debugging --silent Use silent setup - no user input --file=name Use the file 'name' in .inf format to supply the default answers --keepcache Do not delete the temporary .inf file generated by this program --logfile Log setup messages to this file - otherwise, a temp file will be used --update Update existing installations - add/update schema files, add/change configuration, add new instance scripts, etc. You must run set- up-ds.pl -u after upgrading your packages. You will usually have to restart your servers in order for all of the changes to take effect (e.g. adding/changing plug-in configuration), so schedule this when you can afford a little downtime. --continue (Update only) Keep going even if errors occur. You will usually not need to use this option unless your installation is broken and you need to force it to update in order to fix it. For all options, you can also use the short name e.g. -h, -d, etc. For the -d argument, specifying it more than once will increase the debug level e.g. -ddddd args: You can supply default .inf data in this format: section.param=value e.g. General.FullMachineName=foo.example.com or "slapd.Suffix=dc=example, dc=com" Values passed in this manner will override values in an .inf file given with the -f argument. UPDATES
The update process (setup-ds.pl -u) can work in one of two modes: Online: Configuration changes are made to the running directory servers using LDAP. The operations must be performed as an administrative user. You must provide the name and password, for each instance if there is more than one instance of directory server. Some changes (e.g. plug-ins) may require a directory server restart to take effect. The update script will notify you if a restart is required. Offline: The changes are made to the server configuration files. The servers MUST FIRST BE SHUTDOWN BY YOU. The script will not shutdown the servers for you. You MUST shutdown the servers in order to use this mode. A username and password are not required to use Offline mode. If the servers are not shutdown, CHANGES WILL BE LOST. To summarize: Online - servers remain running - you must provide admin name and password for each server - servers may need to be restarted Offline - servers must be shutdown - no username or password required AUTHOR
setup-ds.pl was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Red Hat, Inc. This manual page was written by Michele Baldessari <michele@pupazzo.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the Directory Server license found in the LICENSE file of this software distribution. This license is essentially the GNU General Public License version 2 with an exception for plug-in distribution. May 18, 2008 SETUP-DS.PL(8)