Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to convert my /bin/sh script with cgi and html to run it on browser!?? Post 303039481 by Corona688 on Monday 7th of October 2019 02:04:32 PM
Old 10-07-2019
The same as before, except you must write files inside /tmp/ instead of the current directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run ksh script from cgi

Hi, I'm developing a system which requires me to run a ksh script from within a cgi script. What sort of syntax will I need to do this, I'm sure it's simple but can't find out how anywhere! Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hodges
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

html - df -k cgi script

Hey - I am new to cgi scripting... just writing a script to output df -k output to html page... but I cannot get the df lines on separate lines on the page, it all comes out on one line and is not very readable.. any suggestions? My script is below - please keep in mind I am only new to it so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running a cgi script even when browser is closed

hii, i have a cgi script file which may take some hours to complete. The script logs the output and mails the user. so the browser need not be open for the output. But currently the script dies off the instant the browser is closed or other pages are viewed. Is there a way out .. ? i have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn_bkb
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cgi script to echo a html file

Hi, I'm learning some simple cgi scripting. I can make a script like this, so my browser shows "Hello World" /www/cgi-bin/name.sh --- #!/bin/sh MyName=World echo "<html> Hello $MyName </html>" --- What I'd like is to have a separate html and script files in the cgi folder so ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Performer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass data from server (CGI script) to client (html page)

Hi I know how to pass data from client side (html file) to server using CGI script (POST method). I also know how to re-create the html page from server side after receiving the data (using printf). However I want to write static pages on client side (only the structure), and only to pass... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamabm
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

execute shell script using CGI for html site

hi there im currently in the process of creating a website for use basically within our org. im using a os x machine and installed MAMP - which includes Apache, mysql... the site will be used by techs to primarily install pkgs files onto os x devices. i would like to have buttons or hyperlinks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheshe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to run script through CGI?

Hi I have written a script and I want it to be run from web with the help of CGI. can you please guide me . below script is working fine if run from backend but not sure how I should run through web. #!/bin/bash string1=look string2=0 string3=.sdn.dnb echo -n "enter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command through html+cgi in bash

Hi everyone, I want to kill process through the web, so I create html page with single bottom that run kill command in shell script with CGI. Here is html code: <td><form METHOD="GET" action="http://IP:port/cgi_bin/script.cgi" > <input type="submit" value= "Submit" > <INPUT name="q"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I use my /bin/sh script on web browser?

Hello, I have created my script which works properly through the terminal, but I want to convert it to perform all functions as it performs through terminal, but in this case perform through web browser. My /bin/sh script is:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: juta2020
1 Replies
man2html(1)						      General Commands Manual						       man2html(1)

NAME
man2html - format a manual page in html SYNOPSIS
man2html [options] [file] DESCRIPTION
man2html converts a manual page as found in file (or stdin, in case no file argument, or the argument "-", is given) from man-style nroff into html, and prints the result on stdout. It does support tbl but does not know about eqn. The exit status is 0. If something goes wrong, an error page is printed on stdout. This can be used as a stand-alone utility, but is mainly intended as an auxiliary, to enable users to browse their man pages using a html browser like lynx(1), xmosaic(1) or netscape(1). The main part of man2html is the troff-to-html engine written by Richard Verhoeven (rcb5@win.tue.nl). It adds hyperlinks for the following constructs: foo(3x) "http://localhost/cgi-bin/man/man2html?3x+foo" method://string "method://string" www.host.name "http://www.host.name" ftp.host.name "ftp://ftp.host.name" name@host "mailto:name@host" <string.h> "file:/usr/include/string.h" (The first of these can be tuned by options - see below.) No lookup is done - the links generated need not exist. Also an index with internal hyperlinks to the various sections is generated, so that it is easier to find one's way in large man pages like bash(1). OPTIONS
When reading from stdin, it is not always clear how to do .so expansion. The -D option allows a script to define the working directory. -D pathname Strip the last two parts from the pathname, and do a chdir(dir) before starting the conversion. The -E option allows the easy generation of error messages from a cgi script. -E string Output an error page containing the given error message. The general form of a hyperlink generated for a man page reference is <method:cgipath><man2htmlpath><separator><manpage> with a default as shown above. The parts of this hyperlink are set using the various options. -h Set method:cgipath to http://localhost. -H host[.domain][:port] Set method:cgipath to http://host.domain:port. -l Set method:cgipath to lynxcgi:/usr/lib. -L dir Set method:cgipath to lynxcgi:dir. -M man2htmlpath Set the man2htmlpath to use. The default is /cgi-bin/man/man2html. -p Set separator to '/'. -q Set separator to '?'. This is the default. -r Use relative html paths, instead of cgi-bin paths. On a machine without running httpd, one can use lynx to browse the man pages, using the lynxcgi method. When some http daemon is running, lynx, or any other browser, can be used to browse the man pages, using the http method. The option -l (for `lynxcgi') selects the former behaviour. With it, the default cgipath is /usr/lib. In general, a cgi script can be called by <path_to_script>/<more_path>?<query> and the environment variables PATH_INFO and QUERY_STRING will be set to <more_path> and <query>, respectively. Since lynxcgi does not han- dle the PATH_INFO part, we generate hyperlinks with `?' as a separator by default. The option -p (for `path') selects '/' as a separator, while the option -q (for `query') selects '?' as a separator. The option -H host will specify the host to use (instead of localhost). A cgi script could use man2html -H $SERVER_NAME if the variable SERVER_NAME is set. This would allow your machine to act as a server and export man pages. BUGS
There are many heuristics. The output will not always be perfect. The lynxcgi method will not work if lynx was compiled without selecting support for it. There may be problems with security. AUTHOR
Richard Verhoeven was the original author of man2html. Michael Hamilton and Andries Brouwer subsequently improved on it. Federico Lucifredi <flucifredi@acm.org> is the current maintainer. SEE ALSO
lynx(1), man(1), hman(1) 1 January 1998 man2html(1)