Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk and sed script to create one output CSV file Post 303039398 by RudiC on Thursday 3rd of October 2019 05:32:06 AM
Old 10-03-2019
Please check your arithmetics for the SUM of pat9.
I can't see where you comply with the specified weight of .25.

Try
Code:
awk -F, -vOFS=, '
NR == 1 {
         $1 = sprintf ("%-25s", $1)
         gsub (/,/, "\t")
         print
         next
        }
        {printf "%-25s\t0", $1
         for (i=3; i<=NF; i++)  {WGT = ($i != $(i-1)) * .5
                                 printf "\t%s", WGT
                                 SUM[i] += WGT
                                }
         printf RS
        }
END     {printf "%-25s\t%s", "Sum of weights", 0
         for (i=3; i<=NF; i++) printf "\t%s", SUM[i]
         printf RS
        }
 ' file
PATTERN                         pat0    pat1    pat2    pat3    pat4    pat5    pat6    pat7    pat8    pat9
U_TOP_LOGIC/ipre_reg_0/Q        0       0       0.5     0       0.5     0       0.5     0       0.5     0
U_TOP_LOGIC/ipre_reg_6/Q        0       0       0.5     0       0.5     0       0.5     0       0.5     0
U_TOP_LOGIC/pre_reck_1/Q        0       0       0.5     0.5     0       0.5     0       0.5     0       0.5
U_TOP_LOGIC/pre_reg_10/Q        0       0.5     0.5     0.5     0       0.5     0       0.5     0       0
U_TOP_LOGIC/pre_reg_11/Q        0       0       0.5     0.5     0.5     0.5     0       0.5     0.5     0.5
Sum of weights                  0       0.5     2.5     1.5     1.5     1.5     1       1.5     1.5     1

Correction of eventual formatting deviances are left as an exercise to the gentle reader.
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating a create ddl from a csv file using awk

Hello, I would greatly appreciate some help on the this I have comma delimited file as follows: csv file -------- TEST1,fld1,VARCHAR2,3,,, TEST1,fld2,DATE,,,, TEST1,fld2,VARCHAR2,51,,, TEST1,fld4,VARCHAR2,2,,, TEST1,fld5,NUMBER,4,0,, TEST1,fld6,VARCHAR2,1,,,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a script to process a CSV file using SED and AWK

I get a CSV file every day with 2 columns and multiple rows ex: date1,date2 ( both the fields are varchar fields) This data has to be updated in a table which is being done manually and i want to automate that. 1. I have to select all the data from the prod table( 2 columns { date1,date2}) into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkb
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create csv file using shell script

I have a file in multiple directory which has some records in the following format File: a/latest.txt , b/latest.txt, c/latest.txt -> Name=Jhon Age=27 Gender=M Street=LA Road Occupation=Service I want to generate a csv file from the above file as follows File: output.csv -> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjk2504
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk/sed in handling csv file.

Please study the below script and the output Script: echo "Minimum ${host} ${process} response time=${min} ms" >> ${OUTDIR}/${OUTFILE}; echo "Maximum ${host} ${process} response time=${max} ms" >> ${OUTDIR}/${OUTFILE}; echo "Average ${host} ${process} response time=${avg} ms" >>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/something else for csv file

Hi, I have a filename.csv in which there are 3 colums, ie: Name ; prefixnumber ; number root ; 020 ; 1234567 user1,2,3 ; 070 ; 7654321 What I want is to merge colum 2 and 3 that it becomes 0201234567 or even better +31201234567 so the country number is used and drop the leading 0.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: necron
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create csv with output filenames and file size

Hello All, Here is seeking a bit of help in trying to solve a problem. I am required to create a csv file as shown below: output.csv -> output_1,output_2,output_3,...,output_<N> filename1:20,filename2:30,filename3:30,...,filename<N>:30 by listing output_1, output_2,... , output<N> as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkumbhakarna
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a CSV file

I created a script that will go out and so a "/sbin/chkconfig --list | egrep XXX" against a server list that would create an output file like the following example: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SERVER1 RC_Script_1 0:off 1:off 2:off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Create excel file(.csv) using shell script?

Hi, i have shell script which compiles n number of test cases and execute them one by one. i want to create report in excel through script in which two columns namely "test id" and "release".second column have two subcolumns namely compiles and excutes. so i want first column should display test... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: RamMore123
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)