Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to use sed to insert character in the beginning of file path? Post 303039320 by duke0001 on Monday 30th of September 2019 06:47:51 PM
Old 09-30-2019
RudiC:

Thanks a lot. Here # is delimiter. I thought the # is some extended expression and tried to find more information without success. Now, I learned from you. I will keep this explanation for the future usage. Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a character in the beginning of every line in a .dat file

How can i add a character(#) in the beginning of every line in a .dat file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cool Coder
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I insert character to end of file?

Hello all How can I insert character to the end of text file without opening it in vi Just simple one liner, can it be done? Tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert two strings at the beginning and at the end of each line of a file

Hi, excuse me for my poor english. My problem is that: I have a File i want to add to each line of that file two strings: one at the beginning of the line, one at the ending. string1="abcd" string2="efgh" i want $string1 content $string2 for each line. Is that possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux-fueled
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove words beginning with a certain character from a file

Hi, how could you go about removing words that begin with a certain character. assuming that this character is '-' I currently have echo "-hello" | sed s/-/""/ which replaces the leading dash with nothing but I want to remove the whole word, even if there are multiple words beginning... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skinnygav
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert text(constant) at the beginning of file

I am very new to scripting and I know this request is simple but I am having no luck with it. I have a file a.dat with the following data in it. aa bb cc dd I need to run a script that will take each line of a.dat and put dsjc/ubin/ in front of each record, so the output looks like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - insert space at the beginning of line and multi replace command

hi I am trying to use SED to replace the line matching a pattern using the command sed 'pattern c\ new line ' <file1 >file 2 I got two questions 1. how do I insert a blank space at the beginning of new line? 2. how do I use this command to execute multiple command using the -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert output from a file to beginning of line with sed

Hi I've been trying to search but couldn't quite get the answer I was looking for. I have a a file that's like this Time, 9/1/12 0:00, 1033 0:10, 1044 ... 23:50, 1050 How do I make it so the file will be like this? 9/1/12, 0:00, 1033 9/1/12, 0:10, 1044 ... 9/1/12, 23:50, 1050 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diesel88
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to insert a character

Hi all, I have a file like this Q8N302 21-84 Q8N157 15-45 Q99996 167-201 202-251 269-318 I want to insert a character or space if the line starts with a number and I used the command sed 's/^/#/' But in the output file, when it inserts this character, first digit in the number is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - replacement file path with variable - Escaping / character

Hi,, I have the line below in a file: $!VarSet |LFDSFN1| = '"E:\APC\Trials\20140705_427_Prototype Trial\Data\T4_20140705_Trial_Cycle_Data_13_T_Norm.txt" "VERSION=100 FILEEXT=\"*.txt\" FILEDESC=\"General Text\" "+""+"TITLE{SEARCH=NONE NAME=\"New Dataset\" LINE=1I want to write a script to change... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlr
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert a column in the beginning

Hi, I have been trying to see how i can insert a column in the beginning to my html table This is how it looks Name Age Sid 32 John 33 Mary 34 I want to insert a column Job before Name column, so it looks like Job Name Age IT Sid 32 Doctor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
3 Replies
get_filename(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					     get_filename(3alleg4)

NAME
get_filename - Returns a pointer to the filename portion of a path. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> char *get_filename(const char *path); DESCRIPTION
Finds out the filename portion of a completely specified file path. Both `' and `/' are recognized as directory separators under DOS and Windows. However, only `/' is recognized as directory separator under other platforms. Example: get_executable_name(name, sizeof(name)); allegro_message("Running `%s' ", get_filename(name)); Note that Allegro won't perform any IO operations during the verification. This means that if you have `/a/path/like/this/', which doesn't have a filename, the function will return a pointer to the trailing null character. However, if you have `/a/path/like/this', Allegro will return a pointer to `this', even if it is a valid directory. RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the portion of `path' where the filename starts, or the beginning of `path' if no valid filename is found (eg. you are processing a path with backslashes under Unix). SEE ALSO
get_extension(3alleg4), put_backslash(3alleg4), replace_filename(3alleg4), exmidi(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 get_filename(3alleg4)