Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash to check directory and create missing folder from file Post 303039307 by cmccabe on Monday 30th of September 2019 10:49:54 AM
Old 09-30-2019
set x showed the same as the previous post, I initially thought there may be multiple files so used a for, but quickly realized that wasn't going to work. Is there a better approach? Thank you Smilie.

Code:
for f in "$DIR"/all ; do
>     STRING=$(awk -v ref="/$S5/" 'match($0, ref) {print $2}' "$f")
>     if [[ $nl$folders$nl != *$n$STRING/$nl* ]] ## only execute file on match
>     then
>        mkdir -p $STRING 
>     fi
> done
+ for f in '"$DIR"/f1'
++ awk -v ref=/R_2019_00_00_00_00_00_xxxx_x0-00000-123/ 'match($0, ref) {print $2}' /home/cmccabe/Desktop/new/f1
+ STRING=
+ [[ 

!= */
* ]]
+ mkdir -p

This User Gave Thanks to cmccabe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use awk to create new folder in current directory

Alright, I am sure this is a laughable question, but I don't know so I am going to ask anyway. I have a little script I am writing to take information from one source, recode it in a certain way, and print to files for each subject I have data for. This all works perfectly. I just want to put... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccox85
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check whether a directory is exist and if it is not, create it

Hi, I want to write a shell script to check whether a directory (say A) is existing in a given location and if it is not, create it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabya
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check if a directory exists or not.if not need to create it

Hi, I am using solaris 10 OS and bash shell.just checking for small code snippet which follows below. /export/home/vomappservers/spa/common/5.0 /export/home/vomappservers/spa/common/scripts /export/home/vomappservers/spa/tools /export/home/vomappservers/spa/scm5.0/SCCS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a folder under different user directory

Hello All, I have to write a shell script and use it in informatica. The script has to perform below actions: The script gets executed from edw user. Through the script, a DT folder has to be created under edw_sca user. Is this scenario possible through a SHELL script or not. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to select oldest folder in directory automatically and log process

The `bash` below uses the oldest folder in the specified directory and logs it. The goes though an analysis process and creates a log. My problem is that if there are 3 folders in the directory folder1,folder2,folder3, the bash is using folder2 for the analysis eventhough folder1 is the oldest... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to add folder to exsisting folders in directory

I am trying to create subdirectories in each folder in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/test/*. When I use echo I can see each folder in the directory, but I can not seem to add the commented out portion in bold. These are the sub-directories and sub-folders I am trying to add to each folder in... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to select oldest folder in directory and write to log

In the bash below the oldest folder in a directory is selected. If there are 3folders in the directory /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/test and nothing is done to them (ie. no files deleted, renamed) then the bash correctly identifies f1 as the oldest. However, if something is done to the folder then... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create automated scan of specific directory using bash

I am trying to use bash to automate the scan of a specific directory using clamav. Having this in place is a network requirement. The below is an attempt to: 1. count the extensions (.txt, .jpeg) in a directory and write them to a virus-scan.log (section in bold) 2. scan each folder in the... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create directory and sub-directory with awk and bash

In the below I am trying to create a parent directory using the R_2019 line from f1 if what above it is not empty. I then create sub-directories under each parent if there is a match between $2 of f1 and $2. Inside each sub-folder the matching paths in $3 and $4 in f2are printed. If there is no... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
refile(1)						      General Commands Manual							 refile(1)

NAME
refile - file message in other folders (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
refile [msgs] [+folder] [options] OPTIONS
Refiles the draft message, or the current message in your +drafts folder, if you have one set up. You cannot give a msgs argument when you use this option. Moves a file into a folder. This option takes a file from its directory and places it in the named folder, as the next message in the folder. The file must be formatted as a legal mail message. This means that the message must have the minimum header fields separated from the body of the message by a blank line or a line of dashes. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Keeps a copy of the message in the source folder. Normally, refile removes the messages from the original folder when it refiles them. The -link option keeps a copy in the original folder, as well as filing a copy in the new folder. Preserves the number of a message in the new folder. Normally, when a message is refiled in to another folder, it is set to the next available number in that folder. The -preserve option keeps the number of the message the same in the new folder as it had been in the old. You cannot have two messages with the same number in one folder, so you should use this option with care. Specifies the source folder to take messages from. Normally, messages are refiled from the current folder into another folder. However, you can take mes- sages from a different folder by using the -src +folder option to specify the alternative source folder. DESCRIPTION
Use the refile command to move the specified message from the current folder to another folder. You can refile messages in more than one folder by giving multiple folder names as arguments. If you do not specify a message, the current message is refiled. You can refile a message other than the current message by giving its num- ber as a msgs argument. You can also refile more than one message at a time by specifying more than one message number, or a range of mes- sage numbers, or a message sequence. See mark(1) for more information on sequences. The current folder remains the same unless the -src option is specified; in that case, the source folder becomes current. Normally, the last message specified becomes the current message. However, if the -link option is used, the current message is not changed. If the Previous-Sequence: entry is set in the file, in addition to defining the named sequences from the source folder, refile will also define those sequences for the destination folders. See mh_profile(4) for information concerning the previous sequence. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory Folder-Protect: To set protections when creating a new folder rmmproc: Program to delete the message EXAMPLES
The following example refiles messages 3 and 5 in the folder +records: % refile 3 5 +records The next example files the current message into two folders: % refile +jones +map The next example takes message 13 in the current folder and refiles it in the +test folder. The mes- sage remains in the current folder as well as appearing in the +test folder. % refile -link 13 +test The next example takes a message from the folder +test when it is not the current folder, and places it in the folder +outbox: % refile 3 -src +test +outbox FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
folder(1), mark(1), mh_profile(4) refile(1)