Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RHEL GUI Build process.
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL GUI Build process. Post 303039304 by gull04 on Monday 30th of September 2019 07:20:59 AM
Old 09-30-2019
RHEL GUI Build process.

Hi Folks,

I've recently upgraded (RHEL 6.5 to 7.5) a couple of servers and have noticed a peculiarity during the GUI build of the boxes.

This can be best explained as follows;

There were four Oracle ASM disks on each of these servers, these were selected in the GUI for reformat as XFS file systems as the extract fro the anaconda kick start file shows as follows;

Code:
[root@xxxxxxxxxxx ~]# cat anaconda-ks.cfg | grep ASM
part /ASM4 --fstype="xfs" --ondisk=sda --size=1023
part /ASM3 --fstype="xfs" --ondisk=sda --size=20479
part /ASM2 --fstype="xfs" --ondisk=sda --size=51199
part /ASM1 --fstype="xfs" --ondisk=sda --size=307200
[root@xxxxxxxxxxx~]#

All I did post build was to remove from the /etc/fstab file and unmount the directories.

However the Oracle team came back to me on both occasions and advised that they could still see the old ASM config on the disks.

It this point I ran;

Code:
  dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda3 bs=512 count=102400
  dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda6 bs=512 count=102400
  dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda7 bs=512 count=102400
  dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda8 bs=512 count=102400

My thinking being that this would over write anything that ASM could use and it worked on the first three but not the last one.

To correct that I ran;

Code:
mkfs.xfs /dev/sda8

All seemed to work!

Anyone have any thoughts?

Regards

Gull04

Last edited by gull04; 09-30-2019 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: Typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating build and test process

Hey ppl, I've been asked to automate the build and test process for my team at office.we work on Linux and use Perforce for SCM. I've just joined this company and dont have much knowledge on unix scripts. Could someone tell me how to go about doing this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi
0 Replies

3. Linux

Automating build and test process

Hey ppl, I've been asked to automate the build and test process for my team at office.we work on Linux and use Perforce for SCM. I've just joined this company and dont have much knowledge on unix scripts. Could someone tell me how to go about doing this?:confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Image build process

What are the requirements to build an image in solaris ? Could you please some one explain this.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramagore85
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need to build a tool for Automatic GUI Validation

Hi Friends, So we have an internal link in my project. We generally login into it with our ids , then enter some generic values to check whether the functionality is working fine. If it is fine, the webpage delivers a successful preview or else throws error. What i want to do is write a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
3 Replies

8. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL Linux process activity monitoring tool from windows 7 system

I have 2 RHEL 5.9 system where customized applications are running. These 2 servers are with in a network (LAN) with each other.One application in say Server 1 can talk to another application in server 2 and vice versa. The applications are exchanging data among each other. Recently I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Process with S state(Interruptable) in RHEL and gives Advertise error after restarting/Killing the p

Hello, In our Production system one process is in S state(interruptible)and after killing and restarting the process gives 'advertise error'. This error goes after rebooting the Server. I have RHEL 5.9 (tikanga) OS in our server. We tried debugging the issue with the help of 'strace' command... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohits
9 Replies
Apache2::Build(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Apache2::Build(3pm)

NAME
Apache2::Build - Methods for locating and parsing bits of Apache source code SYNOPSIS
use Apache2::Build (); my $build = Apache2::Build->new; # rebuild mod_perl with build opts from the previous build % cd modperl-2.0 % perl -MApache2::Build -e rebuild DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for locating and parsing bits of Apache source code. Since mod_perl remembers what build options were used to build it, you can use this knowledge to rebuild it using the same options. Simply chdir to the mod_perl source directory and run: % cd modperl-2.0 % perl -MApache2::Build -e rebuild If you want to rebuild not yet installed, but already built mod_perl, run from its root directory: % perl -Ilib -MApache2::Build -e rebuild METHODS
new Create an object blessed into the Apache2::Build class. my $build = Apache2::Build->new; dir Top level directory where source files are located. my $dir = $build->dir; -d $dir or die "can't stat $dir $! "; find Searches for apache source directories, return a list of those found. Example: for my $dir ($build->find) { my $yn = prompt "Configure with $dir ?", "y"; ... } inc Print include paths for MakeMaker's INC argument to "WriteMakefile". Example: use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use Apache2::Build (); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Apache2::Module', 'VERSION' => '0.01', 'INC' => Apache2::Build->new->inc, ); module_magic_number Return the MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER defined in the apache source. Example: my $mmn = $build->module_magic_number; httpd_version Return the server version. Example: my $v = $build->httpd_version; otherldflags Return other ld flags for MakeMaker's dynamic_lib argument to "WriteMakefile". This might be needed on systems like AIX that need special flags to the linker to be able to reference mod_perl or httpd symbols. Example: use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use Apache2::Build (); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Apache2::Module', 'VERSION' => '0.01', 'INC' => Apache2::Build->new->inc, 'dynamic_lib' => { 'OTHERLDFLAGS' => Apache2::Build->new->otherldflags, }, ); AUTHOR
Doug MacEachern perl v5.14.2 2013-03-12 Apache2::Build(3pm)