Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While within while is not working in Korn shell Post 303039267 by MadeInGermany on Friday 27th of September 2019 03:49:36 PM
Old 09-27-2019
You forgot to reset j
Code:
   j=1
   while [[ $j -lt 3 ]]

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell

Hi I am new to shell programming. I need help to write a script to monitor a process on Sun OS. If the process fails then call a oracle procedure. i check the process if running by typing ps -ef | grep ESP | grep -v grep root 29002 1 0 Mar 18 ? 7:20... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpanesar
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KORN Shell - Spawn new shell with commands

I want to be able to run a script on one server, that will spawn another shell which runs some commands on another server.. I have seen some code that may help - but I cant get it working as below: spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "telnet x <port_no>\r" expect "Enter command: " send "LOGIN:x:x;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell to bash - statement not working

Everything else seems to be working, but this isn't. Is it the "cat..." that is wrong of the condition? Thanks. cat tc_result.txt | while read LINE do if then let "files_run += 1"; echo "inside the if loop" # save current filetype case $LINE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

putting ftp in korn function - no longer working

This works if it's not in a function. I pulled it into one and I get syntax error, no mathcing '<'. I have to call it several times and need it to be a function. Any ideas? function FTP_Engine_File { ftp -inv ${FTP_SERVER} << EOF_FTP >> ${FTP_LOG} user ${FTP_USER} ${FTP_PSWD} ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MKS Korn shell not working when schedule

Hi I have a sample MKS Korn Shell script, it is working fine when I am executing manually (i.e command prompt) but not when schedule through scheduler. here is the script, ls command working just fine manual run, so I thought it could be environment varilable so kept same PATH when running... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkthoka
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell & Korn shell

Could some one tell me the difference btw Bourne shell and the Kshell? Which is more flexible and reliable in terms of portability and efficiency. When i type the following command .. $ echo $SHELL yields me /bin/sh Does this tells me that I am in Bourne shell. If yes, how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to korn shell

I am new to korn shell and slowly learning. Is there a way to have a parent script prompt for input and then execute a child script and return the output then move forward and ask for more input and then execute the next child script? I think the answer is no but thought i would ask. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cptkirkh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset is not working in Linux korn shell scripting

Hi All, Kindly help on the below issue ASAP. Its very urgent. I have script in which we have below two lines for code and it is not working. Please help. files_to_process=" abc_*.log def_*.log ghi_*.log " typeset -A dir_list ${files_to_process} the script is failing in Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)