Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity You are being directed to the US FBI where your IP address and details will also be logged. Post 303039237 by wisecracker on Thursday 26th of September 2019 05:49:12 PM
Old 09-26-2019
Hi Corona688...

Quote:
Goto?
Eek, and I found a fun way of doing it under dash recently and MadeInGermany bettered it shaving off 20% of the whole file's running time.
It seems odd to me that there is goto in ANSI C, and, Assembl[y][er] code uses JMPs and BRAs in absolute, relative with and witout offsets etc... and yet it is frowned upon.

/Me shrugs...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

know who logged and logged out with their timings

being ordinary user (not having any administrative rights) can avail myself a facility to know who logged and logged out with their timings get popped onto my terminal as if it get echo 'ed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkandati
3 Replies

2. Ubuntu

tar not reading if output directed to /dev/null

I stumbled across a somewhat strange behavior of tar and find no explanation for it: i was testing a DVD for read errors and thought to simply tar the content and direct the output to /dev/null: tar -cvf - /my/mountpoint/*ts > /dev/null This way i expected the system to read the complete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Local Lan, no-ip directed DNS forward, surf within lan

Hi, We have a website running on a local centos 5.4 surfer, static IP. The domain.com uses no-ip.com to take care of the DNS, it forwards all to my server. My router receives the port 80 call, routes it to my server and the world can see domain.com perfectly fine. However, we cannot see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quotes is not present to the directed file

I have the below to direct the values to a xml file, echo "<xml version="1.0">" >> /root/xml/sample.xml but when the check the sample.xml file, the output looks like the below one(without double quotes) <xml version=1.0> but i want the output like <xml version="1.0"> Any help on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Fetching address and user details from log file

Hi All, I have a requirement to get the address values from a large log file along with the user details. line1,line2,city,stateCode,postalCode,countryCode. The below code as advised in the earlier post is giving the user data zgrep -B1 "Failed to calculate Tax" log.2018-05-23.gz | grep... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextStep
8 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)