Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Find the files based on date from filelist Post 303039236 by kumarinfa on Thursday 26th of September 2019 05:47:28 PM
Old 09-26-2019
Find the files based on date from filelist

Hi All,
I have a filelist which contains the "ls" output, i want to extract the filenames written in this files based on date. I know i can run loop and extract the file but i want to avoid it. also there is find command which can be used on directory i.e.
Code:
find . -type f -newermt "2019-09-25" -printf "%f\n"

But is there any way i can use find on Filelist instead of directory and get the file name. TIA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on cat filelist.txt |xargs -n1 find

I am trying to find all the files listed in a filelist.txt. Why cant I use something like this cat filelist.txt | xargs -n1 find $path (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and copy files based on todays date and search for a particular string

Hi All, I am new to shell srcipting. Problem : I need to write a script which copy the log files from /prod/logs directory based on todays date like (Jul 17) and place it to /home/hzjnr0 directory and then search the copied logfiles for the string "@ending successfully on Thu Jul 17". If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail.chiranjit
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

move files defined in filelist

Hi, I have a filelist named filestomove.txt. It can contain any number of files that need to be moved to a subdirectory. All the files from filelist are in the same directory as the filelist, let say it's called Folder1. All the files need to be moved to subfolder Folder1/Subfolder1. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kedrick
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and count unique date values in a file based on position

Hello, I need some sort of way to extract every date contained in a file, and count how many of those dates there are. Here are the specifics: The date format I'm looking for is mm/dd/yyyy I only need to look after line 45 in the file (that's where the data begins) The columns of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronan1219
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest file based on the date in the filename

Hi, We've a list of files that gets created on a weekly basis and it has got a date and time embedded to it. Below are the examples. I want to find out how to get the latest files get the date and time stamp out of it. Files are PQR123.PLL.M989898.201308012254.gpg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for command line to find dirs based on size and date

Hi, My first time on this site, please excuse me if I've come to the wrong forum. I'm fairly new to Unix/Linux and hoping you can help me out. I'm looking for a command line that will return a list of directories that are larger than 50M and older than 2 days. I thought it may be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wisconsingal
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to find files, those can be present anywhere in the directory tree,based on its creation date

Hi I am unable to find files, those are present anywhere in the same directory tree, based on the creation date. I need to find the files with their path, as I need to create them in another location and move them. I need some help with a script that may do the job. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam192837465
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find fields based on date criterion

Hi All , I am trying to find some non empty files from a directory based on below conditions : Files:: SIZE DATE FILE 3679 Jan 25 23:59 belk_rpo_error_po9324892_01252014.log 0 Jul 01 06:30 belk_rpo_error_po9324267_07012014.log 0 Jul 20 05:50... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and copy .zip file based on today's date

Hi Team, I'm new to unix and i have a requirement to copy or move files from one directory to another based on current date mentioned in the .zip file name. Note that i need to copy only the recent zip file. please help me with the code i tried the code as: #! /usr/bin/sh find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies
DTRX(1) 																   DTRX(1)

NAME
dtrx - cleanly extract many archive types SYNOPSIS
dtrx [OPTIONS] ARCHIVE [ARCHIVE ...] DESCRIPTION
dtrx extracts archives in a number of different formats; it currently supports tar, zip (including self-extracting .exe files), cpio, rpm, deb, gem, 7z, cab, rar, and InstallShield files. It can also decompress files compressed with gzip, bzip2, lzma, or compress. In addition to providing one command to handle many different archive types, dtrx also aids the user by extracting contents consistently. By default, everything will be written to a dedicated directory that's named after the archive. dtrx will also change the permissions to ensure that the owner can read and write all those files. To run dtrx, simply call it with the archive(s) you wish to extract as arguments. For example: $ dtrx coreutils-5.*.tar.gz OPTIONS
dtrx supports a number of options to mandate specific behavior: -r, --recursive With this option, dtrx will search inside the archives you specify to see if any of the contents are themselves archives, and extract those as well. --one, --one-entry Normally, if an archive only contains one file or directory with a name that doesn't match the archive's, dtrx will ask you how to handle it. With this option, you can specify ahead of time what should happen. Possible values are: inside Extract the file/directory inside another directory named after the archive. This is the default. rename Extract the file/directory in the current directory, and then rename it to match the name of the archive. here Extract the file/directory in the current directory. -o, --overwrite Normally, dtrx will avoid extracting into a directory that already exists, and instead try to find an alternative name to use. If this option is listed, dtrx will use the default directory name no matter what. -f, --flat Extract all archive contents into the current directory, instead of their own dedicated directory. This is handy if you have multi- ple archive files which all need to be extracted into the same directory structure. Note that existing files may be overwritten with this option. -n, --noninteractive dtrx will normally ask the user how to handle certain corner cases, such as how to handle an archive that only contains one file. This option suppresses those questions; dtrx will instead use sane, conservative defaults. -l, -t, --list, --table Don't extract the archives; just list their contents on standard output. -m, --metadata Extract the metadata from .deb and .gem archives, instead of their normal contents. -q, --quiet Suppress warning messages. Listing this option twice will cause dtrx to be silent. -v, --verbose Show the files that are being extracted. Listing this option twice will cause dtrx to print debugging information. --help Display basic help. --version Display dtrx's version, copyright, and license information. AUTHOR
Brett Smith <brettcsmith@brettcsmith.org> COPYRIGHT
dtrx 6.5 is copyright (C) 2006-2009 Brett Smith and others. Feel free to send comments, bug reports, patches, and so on. You can find the latest version of dtrx on its home page at <http://www.brettcsmith.org/2007/dtrx/>. dtrx is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. 6.5 2009-07-04 DTRX(1)