Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Large number of ulcm_sctp messages Post 303039184 by Neo on Wednesday 25th of September 2019 01:25:01 PM
Old 09-25-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron323232
Oh.. I was about to throw it to application team.
That depends.

Are you sure that sctp is required for the application and not some remnant or rouge process which is not necessary?

If it is deemed not necessary, just kill it and move on. That's the first step, I think.... confirm that the applications on the server require this service.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving large number of files

I have a task to move more than 35000 files every two hours, from the same directory to another directory based on a file that has the list of filenames I tried the following logics (1) find . -name \*.dat > list for i in `cat list` do mv $i test/ done (2) cat list|xargs -i mv "{}"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove a large number of user from oracle

Hi on solaris and oracle 10g2, I have number of users created in Oracle, I wonder if I have a list of the usernames will it be possible to remove the users quickly ? I want to keep the users access to system but oracle. some thing like shell script may be ?:confused: I am trying to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

questing regarding tar large number of files

I want to tar large number of files about 150k. i am using the find command as below to create a file with all file names. & then trying to use the tar -I command as below. # find . -type f -name "gpi*" > include-file # tar -I include-file -cvf newfile.tar This i got from one of the posts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crux123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation of a large number of files

Hellow i have a large number of files that i want to concatenate to one. these files start with the word 'VOICE_' for example VOICE_0000000000 VOICE_1223o23u0 VOICE_934934927349 I use the following code: cat /ODS/prepaid/CDR_FLOW/MEDIATION/VOICE_* >> /ODS/prepaid/CDR_FLOW/WORK/VOICE ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete large number of files

Hi. I need to delete a large number of files listed in a txt file. There are over 90000 files in the list. Some of the directory names and some of the file names do have spaces in them. In the file, each line is a full path to a file: /path/to/the files/file1 /path/to/some other/files/file 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inakajin
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using find in a directory containing large number of files

Hi All, I have searched this forum for related posts but could not find one that fits mine. I have a shell script which removes all the XML tags including the text inside the tags from some 4 million XML files. The shell script looks like this (MODIFIED): find . "*.xml" -print | while read... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying number by looking a large file

Hi All, I have a big file which looks like this: abc 34.32 cdf 343.45 computer 1.34 ladder 2.3422 I have some 100000 .TXT files which look like this: computer cdf align I have to open each of the text files and read the words from the text files. Then I have to look into that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename a large number of files in subdirectories

Hi, I have a large number of subdirectories (>200), and in each of these directories there is a file with a name like "opp1234.dat". I'd like to know how I could change the names of these files to say "out.dat" in all these subdirectories in one go. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp large number of files

Want to sftp large number of files ... approx 150 files will come to server every minute. (AIX box) Also need make sure file has been sftped successfully... Please let me know : 1. What is the best / faster way to transfer files? 2. should I use batch option -b so that connectivity will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing large number of temp files

Hi All, I am having a situation now to delete a huge number of temp files created during run times approx. 16700+ files. We have never imagined that we will get this this much big list of files during run time. It worked fine for lesser no of files in the list. But when list is huge we are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad man
7 Replies
dde(n)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							    dde(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
dde - Execute a Dynamic Data Exchange command SYNOPSIS
package require dde 1.1 dde servername ?topic? dde ?-async? command service topic ?data? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command allows an application to send Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) command when running under Microsoft Windows. Dynamic Data Exchange is a mechanism where applications can exchange raw data. Each DDE transaction needs a service name and a topic. Both the service name and topic are application defined; Tcl uses the service name TclEval, while the topic name is the name of the interpreter given by dde server- name. Other applications have their own service names and topics. For instance, Microsoft Excel has the service name Excel. The only option to the dde command is: -async Requests asynchronous invocation. This is valid only for the execute subcommand. Normally, the dde execute subcommand waits until the command completes, returning appropriate error messages. When the -async option is used, the command returns immediately, and no error information is available. DDE COMMANDS
The following commands are a subset of the full Dynamic Data Exchange set of commands. dde servername ?topic? dde servername registers the interpreter as a DDE server with the service name TclEval and the topic name specified by topic. If no topic is given, dde servername returns the name of the current topic or the empty string if it is not registered as a service. dde execute service topic data dde execute takes the data and sends it to the server indicated by service with the topic indicated by topic. Typically, service is the name of an application, and topic is a file to work on. The data field is given to the remote application. Typically, the application treats the data field as a script, and the script is run in the application. The command returns an error if the script did not run. If the -async flag was used, the command returns immediately with no error. dde poke service topic item data dde poke passes the data to the server indicated by service using the topic and item specified. Typically, service is the name of an application. topic is application specific but can be a command to the server or the name of a file to work on. The item is also application specific and is often not used, but it must always be non-null. The data field is given to the remote application. dde request service topic item dde request is typically used to get the value of something; the value of a cell in Microsoft Excel or the text of a selection in Microsoft Word. service is typically the name of an application, topic is typically the name of the file, and item is application- specific. The command returns the value of item as defined in the application. dde services service topic dde services returns a list of service-topic pairs that currently exist on the machine. If service and topic are both null strings ({}), then all service-topic pairs currently available on the system are returned. If service is null and topic is not, then all services with the specified topic are returned. If service is not null and topic is, all topics for a given service are returned. If both are not null, if that service-topic pair currently exists, it is returned; otherwise, null is returned. dde eval topic cmd ?arg arg ...? dde eval evaluates a command and its arguments using the interpreter specified by topic. The DDE service must be the TclEval ser- vice. This command can be used to replace send on Windows. DDE AND TCL
A Tcl interpreter always has a service name of TclEval. Each different interpreter of all running Tcl applications must be given a unique name specified by dde servername. Each interp is available as a DDE topic only if the dde servername command was used to set the name of the topic for each interp. So a dde services TclEval {} command will return a list of service-topic pairs, where each of the currently run- ning interps will be a topic. When Tcl processes a dde execute command, the data for the execute is run as a script in the interp named by the topic of the dde execute command. When Tcl processes a dde request command, it returns the value of the variable given in the dde command in the context of the interp named by the dde topic. Tcl reserves the variable $TCLEVAL$EXECUTE$RESULT for internal use, and dde request commands for that variable will give unpredictable results. An external application which wishes to run a script in Tcl should have that script store its result in a variable, run the dde execute command, and the run dde request to get the value of the variable. When using DDE, be careful to ensure that the event queue is flushed using either update or vwait. This happens by default when using wish unless a blocking command is called (such as exec without adding the & to place the process in the background). If for any reason the event queue is not flushed, DDE commands may hang until the event queue is flushed. This can create a deadlock situation. SEE ALSO
tk(n), winfo(n), send(n) KEYWORDS
application, dde, name, remote execution Tcl 8.1 dde(n)