Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Process only 4 digit odd number starting with zero Post 303039156 by cmccabe on Tuesday 24th of September 2019 03:04:28 PM
Old 09-24-2019
Process only 4 digit odd number starting with zero

I am trying to process only IonCode_odd #'s (always 4 digits starting with zero), but the below isn't working as expected. Is there a better way? Thank you Smilie.

Code:
IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam
IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam.bai
IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.fastq
IonCode_0402_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam
IonCode_0402_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.fastq
IonCode_0407_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam
IonCode_0407_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam.bai
IonCode_0407_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.fastq

desired
Code:
only IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam and IonCode_0407_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam processed... IonCode_0402 is skipped.

Code:
md5sum /path/to/*IonCode_[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][03579]*.bam: No such file or directory
md5sum /path/to/IonCode_[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][03579]*.bam: No such file or directory

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting 10 digit number from txt files

Hi, Was wondering if you could give me an example of extracting a 10 digit number from 5 txt files using a regular expression (the number is always different ) and storing the numbers in variables Thanks C19 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a 6 digit number retaining 0s on the left

i am new to shell scripting. i want to keep on increamenting a 6 digit number. For eg. 000000 + 1 = 000001 But instead of 000001 i get only 1. How do i do this ? Pls help. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanchan_cp
8 Replies

3. Programming

generating 16 digit random number in C

Hi, How can we generate 16 digit random nos in C. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KSH/Bash] Starting a parent process from a child process?

Hey all, I need to launch a script from within 2 other scripts that can run independently of the two parent scripts... Im having a hard time doing this, if anyone knows how please let me know. More detail. ScriptA (bash), ScriptB (ksh), ScriptC (bash) ScriptA, launches ScriptB ScirptB,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
7 Replies

5. Programming

Find out 2^n+1 , where n is a 3 digit number

I have to write a c program which takes a 3 digit number n and calculates the value of (2^n)+1 and then determines the number is prime or not. I have tried to first calculate the value of 2^n and then adding one to it and then apply the logic of prime number. but the ultimate problem is that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrawal.prachi
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list all files containing 4 digit number using grep

how can i list all files in my home directory that have a 4 digit id number, the line number where the id is located and the id itself not printing the entire line? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hobiwhenuknowme
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Separate Odd and Even number from one data set?

Hi, If I want to separate data set to new file by odd and even number. If data set like this 1 ABC 235 hgf 2 DEF 326 kjk 3 XXX 133 kwd 4 YYY 188 fgh If I want separate by colum3 I want result like set 1 1 ABC 235 hgf 3 XXX 133 kwd put to new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GeodusT
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

increment counter as suffix starting with the rightmost digit

Hi, I would like to add a suffix to a file name but maintain the suffix length to 5 digits. For eg, output > 1st_file.00001, 2nd_file.00002...10th_file.00010....100th_file.00100 Can anyone please advise me on how to go about it? Platform: SunOS mps201a 5.9 Generic_118558-39 sun4u... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression for 6 digit number present in a line

Hello Team, i have a file test1.txt, in which i have to grep only the 6 digit number from it, Could you pls help in this. $cat test1.txt <description>R_XYZ_1.6 r370956</description> $ grep "\{6\}" test1.txt <description>R_XYZ_1.6 r370956</description> i need output as 370956. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare specific digit in number?

Dear All, Lets say I have a number with following format: ####.12e-## now I want to compare place holder in position 1 and 2. How can I do that? Note: My number is stored in a variable say var. example: var=9999.12e-05 Thanks & Regards, linuxUser_ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
6 Replies
BAM(1)								   User Commands							    BAM(1)

NAME
bam - fast and flexible build system SYNOPSIS
bam [OPTION]... [VARIABLE=VALUE]... [TARGET]... DESCRIPTION
Builds applications using the bam build system. Execution: -a abort on error -c clean targets -d build targets that is dependent given targets --dry dry run, don't run any jobs -j sets the number of threads to use (default: 0, disabled) -s bam file to use (default: bam.lua) Lua: -l print local variables in backtrace -t print backtrace when an error occurs Output: -r build progress report format (default: s) b = progress bar c = use ansi colors s = build steps -v be verbose Other: -n don't use cache -h, --help prints this help Debug: --debug-nodes prints all the nodes with dependencies --debug-detail prints all the nodes with dependencies and details --debug-jobs prints all the jobs that exist --debug-dot prints all nodes as a graphviz dot file --debug-jobs-dot prints all jobs as a graphviz dot file --debug-trace-vm prints a line for every instruction the vm makes --debug-dump-int prints the internals scripts to stdout --debug-no-int don't load internal scripts bam by Magnus Auvinen (magnus.auvinen@gmail.com) bam May 2011 BAM(1)