Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Creating multipath device with FC Disks Post 303039116 by amd103 on Monday 23rd of September 2019 08:13:01 AM
Old 09-23-2019
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it seems already enabled:

Code:
root@replica:/kernel/drv# stmsboot -D fp -e
STMS is already enabled. No changes or reboots needed

Regards.

Last edited by Neo; 09-23-2019 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: Added code tags.. please use them when you post.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Creating an image of a mirrored disks

Hi guys, I havent done this before but iam trying to create an image of a mirrorred drive. Correct me if iam wrong, but when i have two disks setup in raid configuration and have them mirrored in solaris. It then defines at one entity. How would i create a "flar" image of that one entity... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
3 Replies

2. Linux

Query about creating sysfs directory under device driver

Hi all, Currently i am involved in developing a device driver for a custom hardware. My linux stack already has the sysfs directory structure /sys/class/hwmon/ My need is that, while loading my device driver i need to create a "xyz" sysfs directory inside hwmon sysfs directory as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbalu
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

device-mapper-multipath path [undef]

I have an HP blade with Qlogic HBA's connected to an EVA8000. I have downloaded the latest multipath.conf from HP's website. The drive presented to the server appears to be configured and working except the output of "multipath -l" shows for all paths. What is causing this output? mpath0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manzier
2 Replies

4. Linux

If i don't have raid disks can i shut down dmraid device-mapper?

hello my centOS newly installed system loading dmraid modules on startup I did remove all LVM/raid things from system installation menus and after installation too but dmraid is still there and he says: no raid disks found also I did modprobe -r dm_raid45 and it do remove it but only until... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

Raw device/multipath details

Hi, How to find the raw device/multipath details of the LUN used by the diskgroups of the database. file system type -- ASM Oracle -- 11.2.0.3.0 OS -- Linux This is RAC database. Regards, Maddy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies

6. Linux

Creating file systems (LVM v Multipath)

Hi all I have a system running: uname -o GNU/Linux that has already some file systems created: df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_outsystemdb-lv_root 50G 2.7G 45G 6% / tmpfs 28G 72K 28G 1%... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to create customized multipath device

Hi, I am testing on iSCSI + multipath, where i have one iSCSI lun assigned to one server. mpatha (1IET 00010001) dm-2 IET,VIRTUAL-DISK size=100M features='0' hwhandler='0' wp=rw |-+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=1 status=active | `- 2:0:0:1 sda 8:0 active ready running `-+-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
6 Replies
MPATHCONF(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 					      MPATHCONF(8)

NAME
mpathconf - A tool for configuring device-mapper-multipath SYNOPSIS
mpathconf [commands] [options] DESCRIPTION
mpathconf is a utility that creates or modifies /etc/multipath.conf. It can enable or disable multipathing and configure some common options. mpathconf can also load the dm_multipath module, start and stop the multipathd daemon, and configure the multipathd service to start automatically or not. If mpathconf is called with no commands, it will display the current configuration. The default options for mpathconf are --with_module The --with_multipathd option is not set by default. Enabling multipathing will load the dm_multipath module but it will not immediately start it. This is so that users can manually edit their config file if necessary, before starting multipathd. If /etc/multipath.conf already exists, mpathconf will edit it. If it does not exist, mpathconf will use /usr/share/doc/device-mapper-multi- path-0.4.9/multipath.conf as the starting file. This file has user_friendly_names set. If this file does not exist, mpathconf will create /etc/multipath.conf from scratch. For most users, this means that user_friendly_names will be set by default, unless they use the --user_friendly_names n command. COMMANDS
--enable Removes any line that blacklists all device nodes from the /etc/multipath.conf blacklist section. --disable Adds a line that blacklists all device nodes to the /etc/multipath.conf blacklist section. If no blacklist section exists, it will create one. --user_friendly_name { y | n } If set to y, this adds the line user_friendly_names yes to the /etc/multipath.conf defaults section. If set to n, this removes the line, if present. This command can be used along with any other command. --find_multipaths { y | n } If set to y, this adds the line find_multipaths yes to the /etc/multipath.conf defaults section. If set to n, this removes the line, if present. This command can be used aldong with any other command. OPTIONS
--with_module { y | n } If set to y, this runs modprobe dm_multipath to install the multipath modules. This option only works with the --enable command. This option is set to y by default. --with_multipathd { y | n } If set to y, this runs service multipathd start to start the multipathd daemon on --enable, service multipathd stop to stop the mul- tipathd daemon on --disable, and service multipathd reload to reconfigure multipathd on --user_frindly_names and --find_multipaths. This option is set to n by default. FILES
/etc/multipath.conf SEE ALSO
multipath.conf(5), modprobe(8), multipath(8), multipathd(8), service(8), AUTHOR
Benjamin Marzinski <bmarzins@redhat.com> June 2010 MPATHCONF(8)