Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Awk/sed command to extract the string between 2 patterns but having some particular value Post 303039115 by gull04 on Monday 23rd of September 2019 08:09:34 AM
Old 09-23-2019
Hi,

Yes I was aware of the mistake, however by the time that I went in to rectify it -Madein Germany had posted two solutions, which is why I updated the post the way I did.

Regards

Gull04

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract the string between two patterns

Sample input: Loading File System Networking in nature Closing the System now i need to extract the patterns between the words File and Closing: i.e. sample output: System Networking in Nature Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines between patterns using sed or awk

hi, Here is excerpt from my xml file <!-- The custom module to do the authentication for LDAP --> </login-module> <login-module code="com.nlayers.seneca.security.LdapLogin" flag="sufficient"> <module-option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use grep sed or awk to extract string from log file and put into CSV

I'd like to copy strings from a log file and put them into a CSV. The strings could be on different line numbers, depending on size of log. Example Log File: File = foo.bat Date = 11/11/11 User = Foo Bar Size = 1024 ... CSV should look like: "foo.bat","11/11/11","Foo Bar","1024" (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk print between different patterns the first occurrence

Thanks for the help yesterday. I have a little modification today, I am trying the following: i have a log file of a webbap which logs in the following pattern: 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR Exception1 blablabla bla bla bla bla 2011-08-14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppolianidis
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Patterns with egrep/sed/awk?

I have an array with characters, what I want is if there are other characters in the array which I am looking for than take action that is print BAD ARRAY. So far my code just finds characters but instead I want that it should look for other characters. echo "A B C D F" | egrep -o "D | F" O/P... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search between patterns using sed

Hi, I am trying to find a way to get sed/awk/grep to help me find a string in a log file that exists between two datestamps and then print the preceding datestamp up to the next datestamp. Here is an example of my logfile: +++ 2013/03/28 17:01:37.085 SIGNALING HIGH ACTIVE Failure Response... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raytx
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk extract strings matching multiple patterns

Hi, I wasn't quite sure how to title this one! Here goes: I have some already partially parsed log files, which I now need to extract info from. Because of the way they are originally and the fact they have been partially processed already, I can't make any assumptions on the number of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrissycc
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed, awk or another bash command to modify string with the content of another file

Hello everybody, I would like modify some strings using sed or another command line with the content file. For example: - {fqdn: "server-01" , ip: "server-01"} - {fqdn: "server-02" , ip: "server-02"} - {fqdn: "server-03" , ip: "server-03"} - {fqdn: "server-04" , ip: "server-04"} My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dco
4 Replies
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3)

NAME
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar - return Dwarn @return_value SYNOPSIS
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return Dwarn some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; if (wantarray) { my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; } else { my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; } but shorter. If you need to force scalar context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnS some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you need to force list context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnL some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to label your output, try DwarnN use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnN $foo is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn '$foo => ' . Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to output a reference returned by a method easily, try $Dwarn $foo->bar->{baz}->$Dwarn is equivalent to: my $return = $foo->bar->{baz}; warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you want to format the output of your data structures, try DwarnF my ($a, $c) = DwarnF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; is equivalent to: my @return = ($awesome, $cheesy); warn DumperF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; return @return; If you want to immediately die after outputting the data structure, every Dwarn subroutine has a paired Ddie version, so just replace the warn with die. For example: DdieL 'foo', { bar => 'baz' }; DESCRIPTION
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; will import Dwarn, $Dwarn, DwarnL, DwarnN, and DwarnS into your namespace. Using Exporter, so see its docs for ways to make it do something else. Dwarn sub Dwarn { return DwarnL(@_) if wantarray; DwarnS($_[0]) } $Dwarn $Dwarn = &Dwarn $DwarnN $DwarnN = &DwarnN DwarnL sub Dwarn { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper @_; @_ } DwarnS sub DwarnS ($) { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } DwarnN sub DwarnN { warn '$argname => ' . Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } Note: this requires Devel::ArgNames to be installed. DwarnF sub DwarnF (&@) { my $c = shift; warn &Data::Dumper::Concise::DumperF($c, @_); @_ } TIPS AND TRICKS
global usage Instead of always just doing: use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; Dwarn ... We tend to do: perl -MData::Dumper::Concise::Sugar foo.pl (and then in the perl code:) ::Dwarn ... That way, if you leave them in and run without the "use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar" the program will fail to compile and you are less likely to check it in by accident. Furthmore it allows that much less friction to add debug messages. method chaining One trick which is useful when doing method chaining is the following: my $foo = Bar->new; $foo->bar->baz->Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar::DwarnS->biff; which is the same as: my $foo = Bar->new; (DwarnS $foo->bar->baz)->biff; SEE ALSO
You probably want Devel::Dwarn, it's the shorter name for this module. perl v5.18.2 2013-12-31 Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3)