Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? YouTube: How to Use Code Tags and Format Posts @UNIX.com Post 303039065 by wisecracker on Saturday 21st of September 2019 02:37:21 PM
Old 09-21-2019
Hi Neo...

Good one.
I see you edited mine... <wink>

Actually I type in the tags as I need them rather than use the interface, but a good tutorial nevertheless...
And I viewed the site on my phone for the first time in ages today and it is much more user friendly for mobile/portable usage.

Keep up the good work...
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

How to use YouTube tags

We have tags to allow embedding a YouTube video in a thread. Here is how they work.... First I need to find the url of a YouTube video that I want to use. Here is one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do5vj3D-OD4 That "Do5vj3D-OD4" is the key. So I can do this: Rakim by Dead Can Dance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. Web Development

php youtube style embed code

I'm looking to have a embed code for people be as short as possible. I'm trying to figure out how to do this. So something like... <EMBED SRC="http://www.website.com/myembedscript.php?id=1" HEIGHT=60 WIDTH=144> I'm looking to figure out what "myembedscript.php" should do. I have it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegate
0 Replies

3. War Stories

Scrollbars and Overflow in Posts (Code Tags)

YAY! Finally, seems like forever, I added this CSS to the posts (postbit) for table columns and scrollbars work still do not work for code tags and text inside posts. <style> td { max-width:200px; overflow: auto; white-space: nowrap; } </style> YAY... Now scollbars... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums

Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums https://youtu.be/WGwgibE4Rq0 Also note: In the video I mentioned removing legacy menu items in the ModCP which are unused. I have already "CSS'ed out" the unused menu items: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
CHFN(1) 							   User Commands							   CHFN(1)

NAME
chfn - change your finger information SYNOPSIS
chfn [-f full-name] [-o office] ,RB [ -p office-phone] [-h home-phone] -u] [-v] [username] DESCRIPTION
chfn is used to change your finger information. This information is stored in the /etc/passwd file, and is displayed by the finger pro- gram. The Linux finger command will display four pieces of information that can be changed by chfn: your real name, your work room and phone, and your home phone. chfn is used to change local entries only. Use ypchfn, lchfn or any other implementation for non-local entries. COMMAND LINE Any of the four pieces of information can be specified on the command line. If no information is given on the command line, chfn enters interactive mode. INTERACTIVE MODE In interactive mode, chfn will prompt for each field. At a prompt, you can enter the new information, or just press return to leave the field unchanged. Enter the keyword "none" to make the field blank. OPTIONS
-f, --full-name full-name Specify your real name. -o, --office office Specify your office room number. -p, --office-phone office-phone Specify your office phone number. -h, --home-phone home-phone Specify your home phone number. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
Returns 0 if operation was successful, 1 if operation failed or command syntax was not valid. SEE ALSO
finger(1), passwd(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The chfn command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2009 CHFN(1)