Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Changing single path NIC to a teamed connection in same subnet Post 303038926 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 17th of September 2019 08:08:44 AM
Old 09-17-2019
Creation was with nmcli yes, although I think we have Network Manager service turned off. The course I went on suggested it doesn't work Smilie

This might actually be a network team thing, as in the switches are not happy seeing the same MAC address & IP address on multiple ports. I will keep looking at that and post an update of how we get on.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DHCPD, Multiple interfaces, Single Subnet

I have an OpenBSD 3.7 firewall with five network interfaces on it, one of which is connected to the Internet. I'd like to use the remaining four interfaces as a network switch for a single internal subnet. The main problem I have is that the DHCP daemon doesn't like multiple interfaces matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

changing the subnet mask permanently

I understand how to change the ip address permanently however, I need to also make a permanent change to the subnet mask. How would I accomplish this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnparksjr
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

Migrating existing Subnet to a new subnet and changing ip addresses in UNIX

Hi, My project needs to migrate the existing Subnet (255.255.255.0) to a new subnet and change the ipaddresses (currently C class). How can I do that. I need some information. John (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmarsh
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Need help in changing the subnet mask

Hi, I have a task to edit the subnet mask in almost 100+ solaris servers.Few of the servers are configured with IPMP.There will be no change of IP address or default gateway.If its a single IP we can bring NIC down,change the subnet mask in /etc/netmasks,then bring the NIC back to normal.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajip23
3 Replies

5. AIX

Changing subnet mask for a NIM Network.

I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I did search for this answer prior to posting but no luck. Running an AIX NIM Master at 5.3TL9SP4, with about 100 clients. The subnet of one of the networks defined in the NIM env has changed. When I go to Manage Networks, Change/Show... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Changing the subnet mask on solaris 10

Hello, can anyone help me with the command to change the subnet mask on solaris 10? The mask is currently 255.255.255.255 I will like to change it to 255.255.2555.0. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 2nd nic for different subnet

I have a Solaris 11 machine with 2 network cables attached. The first one is the default route and is working okay. I am trying to activate the second on another subnet, but am sure missing something. The first one is on 10.30.128. and with it everything works fine, but when I try to add the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 2nd nic for different subnet

posted this on the other sub-forum https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/246504-solaris-11-2nd-nic-different-subnet.html apologies if linking is not appropriate Thanks for your help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
0 Replies

9. AIX

Changing VLAN on AIX lpars in the same subnet

Hi Guys, Our lpars is currently running on 2 different vlans (20, 30). Now we have a requirement that vlan 30 needs to be change to vlan 31 at the same subnet. I'm not sure on what is the best approach for this or what change is involve on the AIX side. This is our setup. Network switch -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaelu26
5 Replies

10. Linux

Add two different subnet public IPs to single NIC or two different NIC on same box

Hello Admins, My ask is how can I add two different subnet IPs to same box with two different gateways? The issue is I can connect to the box when I am on ethernet LAN, but I am not able to connect to the same IP when I am on wifi. The server is RHEL 7 VM on vmware. How can I get connected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies
sndconfig(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      sndconfig(8)

NAME
sndconfig - configure sound card for use with Linux kernel modules SYNOPSIS
sndconfig {--help,--noprobe,--noautoconfig} DESCRIPTION
sndconfig sets up the necessary configuration files to use a sound card on a Red Hat system. If PnP support is compiled in, by default snd- config will do an initial probe for PnP sound cards using the pnpdump utility. If the --noprobe option is given this step will be skipped. The user will be notified if any cards were found. Otherwise the user must pick the card type from a menu. Then the user must choose the I/O port, IRQ, and DMA settings for the sound card. These must be known ahead of time and depend upon the jumper settings of the sound card. For PnP cards, the program will determine settings for the card; if the --noautoconfig option is given the user can choose the val- ues which will be programmed into the PnP device. There is no guarantee that the values entered do not conflict with an existing non-PnP or PnP device. The user must make sure these types of conflicts do not occur. OPTIONS --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. --noprobe No probe will be made for PnP cards, and the PnP configuration files will not be changed. --noautoconfig No autoconfiguration of PnP cards will be done; the user will be prompted for settings. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/soundcard Stores current settings /etc/modules.conf Stores sound module configuration /etc/isapnp.conf Stores PnP configuration SEE ALSO
isapnp(1), pnpdump(1) Wed Aug 19 1998 sndconfig(8)