Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Changing single path NIC to a teamed connection in same subnet Post 303038885 by Peasant on Monday 16th of September 2019 11:36:16 AM
Old 09-16-2019
Are you using network manager and nmcli or ?

Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DHCPD, Multiple interfaces, Single Subnet

I have an OpenBSD 3.7 firewall with five network interfaces on it, one of which is connected to the Internet. I'd like to use the remaining four interfaces as a network switch for a single internal subnet. The main problem I have is that the DHCP daemon doesn't like multiple interfaces matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

changing the subnet mask permanently

I understand how to change the ip address permanently however, I need to also make a permanent change to the subnet mask. How would I accomplish this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnparksjr
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

Migrating existing Subnet to a new subnet and changing ip addresses in UNIX

Hi, My project needs to migrate the existing Subnet (255.255.255.0) to a new subnet and change the ipaddresses (currently C class). How can I do that. I need some information. John (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmarsh
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Need help in changing the subnet mask

Hi, I have a task to edit the subnet mask in almost 100+ solaris servers.Few of the servers are configured with IPMP.There will be no change of IP address or default gateway.If its a single IP we can bring NIC down,change the subnet mask in /etc/netmasks,then bring the NIC back to normal.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajip23
3 Replies

5. AIX

Changing subnet mask for a NIM Network.

I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I did search for this answer prior to posting but no luck. Running an AIX NIM Master at 5.3TL9SP4, with about 100 clients. The subnet of one of the networks defined in the NIM env has changed. When I go to Manage Networks, Change/Show... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Changing the subnet mask on solaris 10

Hello, can anyone help me with the command to change the subnet mask on solaris 10? The mask is currently 255.255.255.255 I will like to change it to 255.255.2555.0. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 2nd nic for different subnet

I have a Solaris 11 machine with 2 network cables attached. The first one is the default route and is working okay. I am trying to activate the second on another subnet, but am sure missing something. The first one is on 10.30.128. and with it everything works fine, but when I try to add the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 2nd nic for different subnet

posted this on the other sub-forum https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/246504-solaris-11-2nd-nic-different-subnet.html apologies if linking is not appropriate Thanks for your help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
0 Replies

9. AIX

Changing VLAN on AIX lpars in the same subnet

Hi Guys, Our lpars is currently running on 2 different vlans (20, 30). Now we have a requirement that vlan 30 needs to be change to vlan 31 at the same subnet. I'm not sure on what is the best approach for this or what change is involve on the AIX side. This is our setup. Network switch -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaelu26
5 Replies

10. Linux

Add two different subnet public IPs to single NIC or two different NIC on same box

Hello Admins, My ask is how can I add two different subnet IPs to same box with two different gateways? The issue is I can connect to the box when I am on ethernet LAN, but I am not able to connect to the same IP when I am on wifi. The server is RHEL 7 VM on vmware. How can I get connected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies
DAIC(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   DAIC(4)

NAME
daic -- isdn4bsd driver for EICON.Diehl active ISDN cards SYNOPSIS
daic0 at isa? iomem 0xd8000 irq 10 DESCRIPTION
The daic driver supports the old Diehl active cards: S, SX, SXn, SCOM and QUADRO. For a QUADRO card, the driver will detect the board type and use all four ports, each attached as a controller of its own to the isdn4bsd system, which can be listed using the daicctl utility. The daic driver interfaces the ISDN card to the ISDN4BSD kernel subsystem. All lower layer ISDN control is handled by the card. This should allow you to run any national ISDN protocol delivered by EICON.Diehl for your card, but the driver has only been tested with the DSS1 proto- col and some parts of the cards interface are ISDN protocol dependent. The daic driver is written to conform to the software interface documented by Diehl in their ISDN-Karten Benutzerhandbuch from 1992. MICROCODE DOWNLOAD
Every active card needs its own operating software before it can work. You have to download this to the card before using it with isdn4bsd. Use the daicctl utility to do this, i.e. call daicctl -d te_etsi.sx 1 to download the file te_etsi.sx to controller number 1. Use daicctl -l to list all available controllers (and ports). You have to select the correct ISDN protocol file for your ISDN interface, see the Diehl docu- mentation for details. The cards bootstrap process involves another file, which is independent of the card type you use and the protocol you run. It is called download.bin in current versions of the Diehl software distribution and has to be copied to the kernel compile directory under dev/microcode/daic and converted into a header file used when compiling the kernel by running make in that directory. Your kernel compile will fail and remind you of this if you forget to do this. Due to copyright restrictions we cannot distribute the driver with this file inte- grated. But if you own a card, you do have the file (or can get it from the Diehl web server). SEE ALSO
daicctl(1) BUGS
The driver is not yet finished. BSD
January 30, 1998 BSD